Sign in to follow this  
CTMagicUK

2023 NBA Playoffs Thread

4 minutes ago, ball junkie said:

How many 8 seeds have won the championship ?

No eighth seed has ever won the NBA Finals. In fact, only the 1999 New York Knicks made it to the Finals as an eighth seed. They then got beat 4–1 by the San Antonio Spurs in the Spurs' first of five championships. The Houston Rockets won the NBA Finals in 1995 as a sixth seed.

Are we looking at the first in NBA history ?

I don’t know if the Heat were trolling all season or the top teams in the East just all imploded, but I expect the Nuggets to be heavy favorites in the Finals. Also worth noting, the 8 seed Knicks were a 50 game lockout season, so this Heat run is the most impressive by an 8 seed ever

Jaylen Brown check:

6/17 FG, 0/7 3PA, 12 points, 6 rebounds, 2 assists, 3 turnovers.

Can't say I'm currently jumping for joy at the thought of him being available given his play this series.

At some point in the second quarter there was a stat in which the UNDRAFTED Miami players were overscoring all the Boston team. Enough said, about the ability of Miami too that makes me so envious. They're actually also the team of the four still alive with more injuries I believe, with Herro and Dipo out.

1 hour ago, Luke_FfS said:

At some point in the second quarter there was a stat in which the UNDRAFTED Miami players were overscoring all the Boston team. Enough said, about the ability of Miami too that makes me so envious. They're actually also the team of the four still alive with more injuries I believe, with Herro and Dipo out.

I had always thought Spolstra was just a lucky coach with the Big 3 championships in his early days, but creating a cohesive, hungry unit of mostly undrafted players one win away from the NBA finals makes me actually consider him one of the best coaches of the last 10 years. This is a team I don't think many (if any) other coaches could take to this point in the playoffs. 

Props to him and Pat Riley for this run. 

It's not only this run, they actually find creative ways to be competitive almost every season. Worst position they had in the East in the last 15 years was 10th, they've been on playoffs almost every season, recently have been in NBA finals and conference finals with a roster that is not really that full of star power, and with a lot of undrafted players found from nowhere.

I promise I'm not a Heat fan infiltrated in a Magic forum :P, I'm only envious.

• Like 1

What’s crazy about the Heat run is they got spanked by Atlanta in the first play-in and they were down big late to Chicago in the elimination play-in game before going on a run. It’s engrained in me to hate them, soooo 

*sips haterade…

they beat an injured Bucks team, without Giannis for 2 games and with a banged up Giannis for the others.

A meh Knicks team, who’s only good player is Jalen Brunson

and a talented but dysfunctional Celtics team with the worst coach in the NBA

Eff Miami, eff Kyle Lowry, Nuggets in 4 in the Finals

:-)

• Upvote 3

6 straight fouls on 6 straight possessions called in favor of the Lakers before the half. Just crazy how one-sided the officiating is here, but also not surprising as the NBA can't afford a sweep here of LeBron's team. 

Always a good day when Lebron gets booted, especially when it's a sweep. Gordon still having no clue how to hit free throws could've cost Denver but I'm glad it didn't. I think Denver easily beats whoever comes out of the East.

1 hour ago, TreyMachine said:

6 straight fouls on 6 straight possessions called in favor of the Lakers before the half. Just crazy how one-sided the officiating is here, but also not surprising as the NBA can't afford a sweep here of LeBron's team. 

The Nuggets survived the rig in both games in LA. Talent discrepancy just that great. See ya later Lakers! 

6 minutes ago, Evergreen said:

Always a good day when Lebron gets booted, especially when it's a sweep. Gordon still having no clue how to hit free throws could've cost Denver but I'm glad it didn't. I think Denver easily beats whoever comes out of the East.

AG is a huge huge reason why Denver won that game tonight 

• Upvote 2

I could've won a significant amount of money with a Lakers 'ship and Borussia Dortmund winning the German league (1 more win and they do it), but I can't be mad at these Nuggets and Heat. Wish they could both get a ring. Two great teams built organically and with amazing 3 point shooting