Sign in to follow this  
CTMagicUK

2023 NBA Playoffs Thread

Every single one of these "great coaches" available just got fired. And they all got fired for a reason.

This is mostly just grass is greener thinking.

If we hired Mike Budenholzer tomorrow people would be complaining about his rotations and his decisions after we lost a couple of games. Such is the nature of NBA fans. 

Mosely has done legitimately nothing to deserve replacing. He coached a 12 game improvement year over year. Even if you don't care about culture and togetherness and all that stuff on results alone he's done a good job so far. 

He might not be the coach that takes us to a championship. He might not even be the coach who takes us further than next season. But he deserves the chance to show he is.

• Upvote 1

I agree that he deserves that, but at the same time I'm not sold on him in many aspects. But hey, he could grow up with the team, it's not like he's a veteran coach, hope he's willing to learn and improve too.

• Upvote 1

On 5/16/2023 at 3:17 AM, CTMagicUK said:

Every single one of these "great coaches" available just got fired. And they all got fired for a reason.

This is mostly just grass is greener thinking.

If we hired Mike Budenholzer tomorrow people would be complaining about his rotations and his decisions after we lost a couple of games. Such is the nature of NBA fans. 

Mosely has done legitimately nothing to deserve replacing. He coached a 12 game improvement year over year. Even if you don't care about culture and togetherness and all that stuff on results alone he's done a good job so far. 

He might not be the coach that takes us to a championship. He might not even be the coach who takes us further than next season. But he deserves the chance to show he is.

If we hadn't started the season without a point guard,  based on the rest of the season I would guess we probably would have added 10 more wins, making the improvement 20 wins.

• Like 1

Don't let all the draft discussion distract from the fact that Nikola Jokic is the best player in the world right now. What a joy to watch him take the Lakers apart. 

• Upvote 1

59 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Don't let all the draft discussion distract from the fact that Nikola Jokic is the best player in the world right now. What a joy to watch him take the Lakers apart. 

Also, since you brought it up remember Jokic as you think about Draft pick positions. Sure many of you will think they were lucky, and they were. The point is this is not a video game or set in stone. We don't know yet who is going to be the best players from this draft, or even decent players.

Some will flat out suck. Others will lack the athleticism to play with NBA players. Some will always be injured. Some will have skills but never really work to improve. Some won't have BBIQ at all and just be dunkers and runners, can't shoot.

It's up to management do workouts and interviews.  So yeah i get you already know this but don't get caught up in mock draft positions. Just because they tell you Scoot is gonna be awesome doesn't mean he will be. Just because 5 NBA fan sites are saying Dick is the guy doesn't mean diddly.

We just did this last year and all talked ourselves into Smith. 

I'm continually impressed with the mental toughness and clutch game of Jimmy Butler. That game last night was just cold.

I think if you're looking for a guy who is most "MJ-like" today (or Kobe-like), I think it isn't LeBron but Jimmy Butler. He's not a showman. He's there to play, to get in his opponents' heads, and the just win in whatever capacity on offense or defense. 

He shows up when it counts and it's just a treat to watch. 

I'm honestly impressed by a lot of things in Miami (unfortunately), one of them is the way they constantly find players out of nowhere and they're able to play them in playoff series.

2 hours ago, TreyMachine said:

I'm continually impressed with the mental toughness and clutch game of Jimmy Butler. That game last night was just cold.

I think if you're looking for a guy who is most "MJ-like" today (or Kobe-like), I think it isn't LeBron but Jimmy Butler. He's not a showman. He's there to play, to get in his opponents' heads, and the just win in whatever capacity on offense or defense. 

He shows up when it counts and it's just a treat to watch. 

He definitely exhibits the "Mamba mentality"

On 5/14/2023 at 4:34 PM, Albert Lergier said:

So the Heat eliminated the Kinicks.....I think the current Magic's team - IN PLAYOFF  / DO OR DIE MODE - would win over any of them right now.

I BELIEVE THAT THE MAGIC NEXT YEAR WILL MAKE A BIG BOOM AROUND THE WHOLE NBA !!!!

FACTS!!!!