Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Magic vs Cavs - Thursday., Apr. 6th @ 7 pm

44 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

If you want a sneak peek into guys that are pretty much guaranteed to be back next year, we got the whole starting 5 inactive and Cole active but not playing. Kelle/Cole/Franz/Paolo/Dell are our core

Hhmmm …Suggs ?

This Wemby stuff is crazy …these 4 teams basically deadlocked are throwing out some crazy teams …I mean, how do you tell guys to try and lose lol …they are trying to get the scrubbiest guys on the planet to hopefully lose that way …Blazers thought with just Sharpe and scrubs they would lose lol …till Sharpe led them to win against Minny then had Morant and the Griz on the ropes and decided to sit Sharpe the last 8 minutes …he did not dress tonight lol

Very comforting that Suggs was easily our best player. 

I know Chuma has had injuries but man I've been disappointed with how his career has gone up until now. His best year was his rookie year and after that it seems like he changed his jumper for the worse. After that rookie year I was convinced he'd be an NBA starter. Now I'm not convinced he'll be in the league 3 years from now.

4 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Very comforting that Suggs was easily our best player. 

I know Chuma has had injuries but man I've been disappointed with how his career has gone up until now. His best year was his rookie year and after that it seems like he changed his jumper for the worse. After that rookie year I was convinced he'd be an NBA starter. Now I'm not convinced he'll be in the league 3 years from now.

He played 32 minutes in only his third game back, I’m not surprised he looked out of sync. I don’t know when the last time he played that much was, but I bet it wasn’t in 2023. We really didn’t have a cohesive squad in the game. Other than Suggs, Moe, and Goga, none of the other guys had played at all in more than 3-4 of the last ten games, and none normally get more than 10-15 minutes per game. Are they supposed to be ready, sure, but we know that there is nothing like real game conditioning and consistency. I think you might be reading too much into a bad game from a player who is just coming back. I’m actually surprised that they played him that much so soon. 

27 minutes ago, jmmagicfan said:

He played 32 minutes in only his third game back, I’m not surprised he looked out of sync. I don’t know when the last time he played that much was, but I bet it wasn’t in 2023. We really didn’t have a cohesive squad in the game. Other than Suggs, Moe, and Goga, none of the other guys had played at all in more than 3-4 of the last ten games, and none normally get more than 10-15 minutes per game. Are they supposed to be ready, sure, but we know that there is nothing like real game conditioning and consistency. I think you might be reading too much into a bad game from a player who is just coming back. I’m actually surprised that they played him that much so soon. 

He played 70 games last season and looked worse than his rookie year. He also played the first 18 games of this season and was shooting sub 30% from 3 and sub 40% from 2 in 20mpg. 

• Upvote 1

2 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

He played 70 games last season and looked worse than his rookie year. He also played the first 18 games of this season and was shooting sub 30% from 3 and sub 40% from 2 in 20mpg. 

Also, it’s not like Cleveland was playing a cohesive squad.  They held out like 7 of their best players.  So it was lightly played subs against lightly played subs.  

2 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

2 hours ago, JJZFL said:

Also, it’s not like Cleveland was playing a cohesive squad.  They held out like 7 of their best players.  So it was lightly played subs against lightly played subs.  

1 hour ago, All Eyes On Me said:

And not to continue piling on, but Chuma didn’t just get back. He’s been healthy for weeks now but hasn’t been good enough to crack the rotation 

All of these are fair points, I just feel bad for the young man. I'm sure that the multiple injuries have gotten into his head, leaving him much less confident in his body and his game; which has made him somewhat tentative on the court, and probably in practice as well. I like Chuma, and I really hope he can get his mind and body straight. It may well be time for us to move on from him; but it is a shame. Here's hoping that being physically able to play the 30+ minutes last night without injury will start a turnaround in his psyche. I think these next two games are very important for him, maybe more so than for anyone else on the "normal" bench group.