Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Magic vs Grizzlies - Tues., Mar. 28th @ 8 pm

21 minutes ago, TreyMachine said:

I wouldn't say it's awful - it's just streaky. There are plenty of nights the past few games he's been 6-10 and 2-3 from 3. Just a bad night shooting for him. I'm not worried. 

I am. Suggs and Cole are streaky, and their streakiness have been costly because they are overconfident and many times make bad decisions because of it.

No matter what team the Magic are playing, and no matter how bad things are going for our team, their mentality is "I'm going to keep doing what I've been doing, even though I am part of the problem" when winning a game is on the line. 

• Upvote 1

Good thing: we fought back.

Bad thing: we should have never create such a big hole against a Memphis team that was severely undermanned.

For all the problems we had in the past with health, in the last couple months that hasn't be a big issue, and almost every team we played had a worst situation than us. We should have approached the game with more killing instinct.

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

I am. Suggs and Cole are streaky, and their streakiness have been costly because they are overconfident and many times make bad decisions because of it.

No matter what team the Magic are playing, and no matter how bad things are going for our team, their mentality is "I'm going to keep doing what I've been doing, even though I am part of the problem" when winning a game is on the line. 

To be fair both are having career high shooting numbers and have improved from last year.  Cole is even shooting above average from three for the first time in his career. 

5 hours ago, MagicMan1979 said:

To be fair both are having career high shooting numbers and have improved from last year.  Cole is even shooting above average from three for the first time in his career. 

Cole has drastically improved this year, at least on offense. I still don't want to commit to him long-term, at least not yet. Meanwhile, saying Suggs is having career high shooting numbers misses the big picture, imho. For a number 5 overall pick, he's been far worse than anyone expected, and even with his improvement this year, he's only shooting 41% and 31%. Furthermore, he's constantly hurt because of the reckless nature with which he plays the game. As a fan, I was elated when we picked him at 5, but I'm not sure he'll make it in the league, at least as a starter, unless we see significant improvement. 

• Upvote 4

5 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

Cole has drastically improved this year, at least on offense. I still don't want to commit to him long-term, at least not yet. Meanwhile, saying Suggs is having career high shooting numbers misses the big picture, imho. For a number 5 overall pick, he's been far worse than anyone expected, and even with his improvement this year, he's only shooting 41% and 31%. Furthermore, he's constantly hurt because of the reckless nature with which he plays the game. As a fan, I was elated when we picked him at 5, but I'm not sure he'll make it in the league, at least as a starter, unless we see significant improvement. 

Suggs is prone to injury. Because of his recklessness, he's constantly on the floor on his backside than I never want to see. In the Memphis game, he had just returned from a concussion, and he fell again on his backside. I immediately reacted because he stayed in the game.

Over the years, when I was younger,  I slipped and fell on my backside 3 times. Twice, the back of my head hit on concrete floors. I was fortunate not to get a concussion or serious brain damage.

When you fall on your backside, you do not have control of your neck or head. Your neck immediately snaps back and your head hits the floor.

The coaches or training staff need to bring to Suggs attention the danger of how he is playing.

14 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

I am on the same page as you Soul. 

• Upvote 1

8 hours ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

Suggs is prone to injury. Because of his recklessness, he's constantly on the floor on his backside than I never want to see. In the Memphis game, he had just returned from a concussion, and he fell again on his backside. I immediately reacted because he stayed in the game.

Over the years, when I was younger,  I slipped and fell on my backside 3 times. Twice, the back of my head hit on concrete floors. I was fortunate not to get a concussion or serious brain damage.

When you fall on your backside, you do not have control of your neck or head. Your neck immediately snaps back and your head hits the floor.

The coaches or training staff need to bring to Suggs attention the danger of how he is playing.

It’s the football mentality he has. He is very reckless with his drives. I was so happy when we drafted him. He has been a disappointment. Glad the Franz pick made up for it. 

4 hours ago, MagicMan1979 said:

It’s the football mentality he has. He is very reckless with his drives. I was so happy when we drafted him. He has been a disappointment. Glad the Franz pick made up for it. 

I hear you, MagicMan. Hypothetically, it's one thing if Suggs gets an ankle injury when he either twist it while his foot is close to/on the floor--or--an opponent step on his foot causing a twisted ankle--but when you go flying in the air (surrounded by 2 or 3 defenders) like you are superman, you don't know how you are going to land. At least the comic strip character can control his body when he takes off.