Soul Bro

2022-2023 Draft Thread

5 hours ago, Albert Lergier said:

No Vic? Early to go either way....I know.

I think those Thompson twins at 19 years old can play...they are putting up some good numbers in the G-League

Amen Thompson 6-7 200 PG / SG Overtime Elite Fr.

24.3 PTS, 8.1 REB, 8.6 ASST, 1.0 BLK & 2.9 STL

Ausar Thompson 6-7 205 SG / SF Overtime Elite Fr.

23.8 PTS, 10.8 REB, 7.2 ASST, 2.0 BLK & 3.8 STL

They're not in the G league.

7 hours ago, Albert Lergier said:

ok.....still a good league?

Not really no. Looking at their stats is kind of useless.

9 hours ago, jmmagicfan said:

Is Overtime Elite the new Globetrotters, without the comedy?

Not quite but they're a "pro league" with only 3 teams. It's supposed to be another option for one and done types but the Thompson's are by far the best recruits they've ever had. It'll be interesting to see if NBA scouts have them as highly ranked as the college guys come tournament time.

On 12/24/2022 at 2:15 AM, CTMagicUK said:

Not really no. Looking at their stats is kind of useless.

Not quite but they're a "pro league" with only 3 teams. It's supposed to be another option for one and done types but the Thompson's are by far the best recruits they've ever had. It'll be interesting to see if NBA scouts have them as highly ranked as the college guys come tournament time.

Agree after researching, the OEL is an inferior product compared to the G-League, right now. Their stats are misleading.

Watched a bit of film of Amen & Ausar Thompson. They are good.

Watched a Kevin O'Connor and J Kyle Mann breakdown video from 3 days ago.

Kevin has Amen at 3 right know. With a chance to be the best athlete in the NBA. A skinny lean Zion. Explosive and elastic as Ja Morant.....are some of their comments.

Bottom line, they said it a few times....these guys are elite athletes 

1 hour ago, Albert Lergier said:

Agree after researching, the OEL is an inferior product compared to the G-League, right now. Their stats are misleading.

Watched a bit of film of Amen & Ausar Thompson. They are good.

Watched a Kevin O'Connor and J Kyle Mann breakdown video from 3 days ago.

Kevin has Amen at 3 right know. With a chance to be the best athlete in the NBA. A skinny lean Zion. Explosive and elastic as Ja Morant.....are some of their comments.

Bottom line, they said it a few times....these guys are elite athletes 

I also have Amen at 3 also but I think it's worth noting they're 20 years old, have never played organised ball at a high level, and neither of them are great shooters (Aussar better than Amen at the moment). 

Cason Wallace and Jalen Suggs would be a filthy backcourt. Wallace can shoot, both play Elite defense. Would be incredible. Reckon we nab him with Bulls pick. That Vooch trade wowee 

8 hours ago, harley said:

Cason Wallace and Jalen Suggs would be a filthy backcourt. Wallace can shoot, both play Elite defense. Would be incredible. Reckon we nab him with Bulls pick. That Vooch trade wowee 

I like Wallace he's super active defensively and it appears he's got a solid jumper but I'm kind of very concerned by the fact he shoots 55% from the FT line. Historically, FT% is a good indicator of 3P% in the league and so that's very very worrying.

He's started pretty slowly recovering from injury but the tape from Cam Whitmore pre college (and some flashes in college) is pretty exciting. I'm definitely going to be watching him closely in the second half of the season.