Soul Bro

2022-2023 Draft Thread

Lots of high lottery picks having bad games in the first round. Also, Dick had a good game after a game he missed almost everything. That is a good sign for a shooter.

On 3/16/2023 at 8:06 AM, ball junkie said:

NBA draft stat-based projections, and why Scoot Henderson is nowhere near the top

https://www.espn.com/nba/insider/story/_/id/35866633/nba-draft-stat-based-projections-top-prospects-ncaa-tournament-elsewhere

You guys that want Scoot may get him …cause he’s dropping …and I feel certain we ain’t gettin a top 3 pick .

Fun read. I'd be down with Whitmore, Wallace or Dick with one of our two picks. I think all would fit well on our roster. I could easily see Whitmore playing between Franz and Paulo on the wing, or I could see him off the bench for one of them. He's tough and versatile.

Geesh, just about every guy i talked about in the tourney has had a poor shooting night except for Dick. Latest is Wallace, but he is displaying the all around game that Kentucky guards are known for.

Purdue just went down. I only saw the last few minutes. You would think they can just get Edey a few lobs in crunch time, but they just fell apart.

I like Strawther as a second round guy. Can see him being picked in the 20s though if he keeps this up in the tournament. Super easy for teams to talk themselves into drafting wing sized shooters. 

23 hours ago, Albert Lergier said:

MARCH MADNESS SATURDAY MARCH 18 - POTENTIAL PLAYERS TO BE DRAFTED BY THE MAGIC IN THE 1ST ROUND:

Gradey Dick / Kansas (1) vs Arkansas (8)

Brandon Miller / Alabama (1) vs Maryland (8)

Nick Smith / Arkansas (8) vs Kansas (1)

Anthony Black / Arkansas (8) vs Kansas (1)

Jarace Walker / Houston (1) vs Auburn (9)

One of the headliners out there is: Kansas vs. Arkansas is a Final Four matchup in first weekend of March Madness. Game is at 5:15 PM EDT

MUST SEE TV AFTER WATCHING THE MAGIC VS CLIPPERS GAME AT 3:00PM EDT

21 hours ago, hootie249 said:

I'll be watching that Kansas Game at work. Nick and Gradey.

https://sidelinecue.com/nba-comparisons-for-the-top-prospects-in-the-2023-nba-draft/

Here is an article worth a look. It's ridiculous comparing these players to NBA greats. We know that won't happen with most of them, but the writer does understand skill sets of players.

The "one" thing I know about this draft is that we are getting 2 very, very nice players.....some of which won't even crack the starting lineup next year. 

This team is going to be loaded for next year....playoffs are coming, deep runs too !!!!

George has looked awful on offense. They posted his stats since his Feb injury, and they’re really bad. He’s going to need a good post season to be a top 10 pick. 

On 3/17/2023 at 11:30 AM, CTMagicUK said:

Not going to lie I'm kind of worried this FO will pick Leonard Miller. 

Not that he's not an interesting prospect but he's a big who can't really shoot and that's not really what I'm (or seemingly any Magic fan is) hoping for.

You can't tell me he doesn't look like a WeltHam guy.

Kentucky's season ended in disappointment in a hard-fought loss to Kansas State, but it's hard to blame their star freshman point guard. Wallace had 21 points on 9-for-11 shooting with seven rebounds, four assists and two steals.

Wallace was a perfect 7-for-7 (15 points) in the second half, coming up repeatedly with big baskets and almost always making the right play passing ahead, driving and dishing and looking under control. He was unlucky to see his teammates go 3-for-19 from 3, with at least six open 3-point looks created by Wallace that weren't converted, a major reason Kentucky lost.

Wallace's shot creation and aggressiveness left something to be desired at times this season, but he was able to get inside the paint against Kansas State in transition and out of pick and roll, hitting tough floaters and layups through contact going both left or right. He committed four turnovers in the first 10 minutes, partially a product of trying to navigate Kentucky's lack of spacing, but played a pretty clean game otherwise.

His defense, long-considered his calling card, was vividly evident on Sunday, as he came up with two pick-six steals for layups, fought over screens aggressively and had some big-time rebounds in traffic while putting his body on the line.

Wallace will be disappointed not to advance past the first round of the NCAA tournament and there are some holes that can be nitpicked in his game with his lack of scoring production and his occasional struggles with efficiency. However, Wallace had a strong freshman year that will serve him well developmentally after being forced to shoulder a huge offensive load under extreme pressure for much of the season and now looks like a strong top-10 prospect.

Here you go Soul Bro …From Givony 

• Upvote 1