Soul Bro

2022-2023 Draft Thread

A name I really like in the second round: 

Brandin Podziemski. Lefty shooter. Scores in a variety of ways. Great rebounder for someone who's 6'5. Only a 20 year old sophmore so might go back to school if he doesn't get enough interest. Not a very WeltHam pick but think he's got a chance as a bench shooter type. 

9 minutes ago, Albert Lergier said:

CT,

As of right now which Shooting Guards you have ranked 1, 2 and 3?

What number do you think each will be drafted?

Strictly SGs I'd say Nick Smith, Keyonte George, Jett Howard.

No idea where they'll get drafted to be honest. I've got them all top 10 but feel like Howard is more of a fringe lotto guy in that 12-18 range. Smith and George I've seen anywhere from like 5ish to late lotto. 

4 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Strictly SGs I'd say Nick Smith, Keyonte George, Jett Howard.

No idea where they'll get drafted to be honest. I've got them all top 10 but feel like Howard is more of a fringe lotto guy in that 12-18 range. Smith and George I've seen anywhere from like 5ish to late lotto. 

Thanks CT !!!

Where is Gradey ranked in your SG list?

Do you consider any of the Thompson's twins a SG?

29 minutes ago, Albert Lergier said:

Thanks CT !!!

Where is Gradey ranked in your SG list?

Do you consider any of the Thompson's twins a SG?

I don't consider Gradey a SG. 

The Thompson twins are getting into semantics about guard/wing/ball handler stuff. Do I think either or both of the Thompson twins will play SG at least some of the time? Yes. Do I consider either of them full time SG? Not really. 

3 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

I don't consider Gradey a SG. 

The Thompson twins are getting into semantics about guard/wing/ball handler stuff. Do I think either or both of the Thompson twins will play SG at least some of the time? Yes. Do I consider either of them full time SG? Not really. 

So Gradey not a SG?  I think that is "basically" the only thing he does....catch and shoot, one dribble / escape and shoot. 

54 minutes ago, Albert Lergier said:

So Gradey not a SG?  I think that is "basically" the only thing he does....catch and shoot, one dribble / escape and shoot. 

Being a good shooter doesn't make someone a SG. 

1 hour ago, CTMagicUK said:

Being a good shooter doesn't make someone a SG. 

So he is a wing player, a forward.....ok.

What is he lacking of to be considered a SG in the NBA?

Is he a top 7 in your rankings?

6 minutes ago, Albert Lergier said:

So he is a wing player, a forward.....ok.

What is he lacking of to be considered a SG in the NBA?

Is he a top 7 in your rankings?

I think when it comes to guys that play either SG or SF, a lot of it comes down to the defensive end. If a guy has the size to step outside and contest, but lacks some speed to keep people out of the paint, or chase them around multiple screens they usually get classified as a SF. If they have the speed, but may lack a little height to contest outside, they usually get classed as a SG. That's a little simplistic, but about the best I can come up with. The Thompson twins have the size of your "average" SF, the speed of your average SG, and (Amen anyway) the vision of a PG. The problem with both of them seems to be their outside shooting isn't ideal for a true wing at the moment, so it's hard to classify their positions. 

2 hours ago, Albert Lergier said:

Gradey may not have the lateral speed, and the chase guys around screens ability to classify him as a SG, so we look at him as more of a SF.