Soul Bro

2022-2023 Draft Thread

18 hours ago, TreyMachine said:

Final Prediction: 

• 6th pick: Bilal Coulibaly
  • 11th pick: Gradey Dick 
  • 2nd Round pick gets traded 

We picked Franz Wagner, who was the #17 pick at #8 in 2021. I see us doing the same here at #6 with Bilal ranked as the #11 on ESPN's big board. He's got the Giannis mega-athlete vibe with a frame and length that has super high potential. I won't be upset if we draft one of the Thompsons, but this pick just feels VERY WeltHam and they aren't going to wait for him to drop to #11 for them to claim him. 

I 2nd your opinion on 6 & 11 in any order !!!

My June 5 take on Coulibaly:

One of the things that impresses me the most watching the tape, is the age of the players he is going against at his short age of 18......some of them don't even have hair !!!

Amen and Ausar were playing versus 16 - 20 years old......and are older than Coulibaly by 2 years. 

At this same age Franz went to college and played 2 seasons for Michigan.......just imagine.

Incredibly high ceiling, hyper athletic. He has flaws, don't get me wrong, but the positives out weight the areas of improvements.

Plus we are not asking him to be a star on day one....Paolo, Franz, Wendell, Markelle, Jalen have the responsibility to carry this team, not Coulibaly or whoever is added.

With pick 6, do the Magic raise to the occasion and get him?

WE ARE ABOUT TO KNOW IN A FEW MORE HOURS. GOOD LUCK MAGIC FANS !!!

Hope to trade up for Scoot but if we stay at 6 I’m leaning towards Cam or Ausar.

I can see Coulibaly as a dark horse. If he grows another inch or two he could be a monster. I just don’t know much about that French league. 

8 hours ago, Jon said:

One can make an argument that he would be our best lead guard since Penny. Why would that be a bad fit?

That’s not an argument I would want to have to defend.  Bad fit because we don’t need a lead guard.  We need shooting, defense, length.  Good, not great, prospect…he’ll do well in Portland.