Soul Bro

2022-2023 Draft Thread

8 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Yes, as we discussed a day or two ago, I’d love to trade for Vassell. I’d definitely would do 11, and I’d consider 6.

6 and 11 is a little too much for me.. 

I’d go 11 and C. Anthony, Okeke or BolBol.. 

Vassell had a lot of injuries and just had one great season after all. But he’s worth the additional assets. He is one of the the missing pieces i see for this team. 

(C. Anthony would hurt! So that’s my max offer) 

or 

11 Harris, Okeke and Bol Bol (and possibly ad Top 8 protected 2024 pick)

1 hour ago, orlandoholic said:

6 and 11 is a little too much for me.. 

I’d go 11 and C. Anthony, Okeke or BolBol.. 

Vassell had a lot of injuries and just had one great season after all. But he’s worth the additional assets. He is one of the the missing pieces i see for this team. 

(C. Anthony would hurt! So that’s my max offer) 

or 

11 Harris, Okeke and Bol Bol (and possibly ad Top 8 protected 2024 pick)

Sorry for any confusion. I'd do 11, or maybe I'd consider 6. But I wouldn't do both together for Vassell.

Yeah, I'm in the same boat. I brought up the idea of the Vassell trade the other day. I'd be willing to do 6 OR 11+extras for Vassell. Most 2020 redrafts I've seen would put Vassell at right around the 6th pick in that draft right now, so I'd think the 6th pick in this draft would be a fair offer. Of all the trade ideas I've seen floated around, this is one of the ones I'd be most on board with at the moment, as he plays a position of need, can stretch the floor, and is in the same age range as our core guys.

8 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

Bilal Coulibaly, a 6-7 wing who turns 19 next month, has been flying up boards in recent weeks and could even be a lottery pick in this year's draft. Given the chemistry Wembanyama and Coulibaly already have, could the Spurs trade up into the draft and take him?

… Several teams could look to make a trade out of the lottery, including the Dallas Mavericks at No. 10 and Orlando Magic at No. 11. If the Spursoffered a veteran like Doug McDermott or Zach Collins, along with No. 33 or a future draft pick, perhaps that would entice a team to make the deal.“

https://www.si.com/nba/spurs/.amp/news/nba-draft-san-antonio-spurs-trade-bilal-coulibaly-victor-wembanyama-metropolitans-92-france

I'd laugh the Spurs off the phone if they offered Doug McDermott and 33 for 11. That's terrible.

5 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

https://hoopshype.com/lists/2023-nba-mock-draft-trade-talks-dereck-lively-bilal-coulibaly-brandin-podziemski/

"There’s a belief around the league that Orlando is open to moving the No. 6 and No. 11 picks if the Magic can move into the 3-5 range."

(Disclaimer: I don't believe this reporter is reputable.)

I don't believe any rumor about Orlando. WeltHam have proven to be the ultimate cloak-and-dagger team.

• Upvote 2

18 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

I don't believe any rumor about Orlando. WeltHam have proven to be the ultimate cloak-and-dagger team.

Absolutely. Every single story about us starts with "League sources believe" or "other front offices believe" something like that because nobody has any sources with us. 

5 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

https://hoopshype.com/lists/2023-nba-mock-draft-trade-talks-dereck-lively-bilal-coulibaly-brandin-podziemski/

"There’s a belief around the league that Orlando is open to moving the No. 6 and No. 11 picks if the Magic can move into the 3-5 range."

(Disclaimer: I don't believe this reporter is reputable.)

What is likelihood we stand pat? I'm giving it an 85% chance we just stay at 6 and 11 and get great role-players to grow with the team that compliment Fultz, Paolo, and Franz. Unless we think Scott / Miller is a can't-miss prospect, I don't see us trading one or two of our core assets, along with our picks, for them. 

5 minutes ago, TreyMachine said:

What is likelihood we stand pat? I'm giving it an 85% chance we just stay at 6 and 11 and get great role-players to grow with the team that compliment Fultz, Paolo, and Franz. Unless we think Scott / Miller is a can't-miss prospect, I don't see us trading one or two of our core assets, along with our picks, for them. 

I give it I dunno 70%. The other 30% is split between trading up for Scoot or trading out of one of the two picks for some future assets which I think would be smart if we can get someone to commit like 3 firsts or something.

EDIT: nah 80% is more like it than 70% actually.

1 minute ago, CTMagicUK said:

I give it I dunno 70%. The other 30% is split between trading up for Scoot or trading out of one of the two picks for some future assets which I think would be smart if we can get someone to commit like 3 firsts or something.

We have so many  young players that need time and minutes. I could totally see us trading out of the first round or trading one of our picks for a pick another year to a team we assume won't be great in 2-3 years. Too many mouths to feed right now. With that being said, the way to work around that is to just trade away some of that young talent, along with the picks, to move up for an elite talent.