Soul Bro

2022-2023 Draft Thread

Coulibaly is exciting and if it's us who picks him I'll be hyped. 

But for me personally if you wanted to gamble on a super young wing with loads of potential that'll probably take 3+ years to develop at 11 Dariq Whitehead is right there and he can already shoot. 

19 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

You can never have too many wings. Especially because the ones we currently have can handle the ball and make plays for others and so don't necessarily need to play with a PG all the time. 

You can have too much of anything.

Y'know if you think Jarace can eventually develop into a full time 5 (in that Bam/Draymond mould) you maybe consider him at 6. I think he's a much more interesting prospect if he can play the 5 full time, and also a much better fit on this roster. I'm not entirely sure I'm convinced he's big enough to do that, or a good enough rebounder to be the 5, but but if we are as an organization I'd be super intrigued. 

3 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Coulibaly is exciting and if it's us who picks him I'll be hyped. 

But for me personally if you wanted to gamble on a super young wing with loads of potential that'll probably take 3+ years to develop at 11 Dariq Whitehead is right there and he can already shoot. 

Thinking about "the lowest he'll drop is 16th, the highest he'll go is 9th" basically says the Utah Jazz love him and are picking him at one of the two picks. If that's true and not smoke and we do want Coulibaly you basically have to pick him at 6 to guarantee getting him otherwise you risk him not being on the board at 11. 

Find a way to leave the draft with Hendricks + one of: Ausar, Bilal, Dariq, Gradey, Hawkins and it's a win. 

• Upvote 2

45 minutes ago, Nyce_1 said:

Find a way to leave the draft with Hendricks + one of: Ausar, Bilal, Dariq, Gradey, Hawkins and it's a win. 

I like Hendricks as the good shooting swiss army knife at 6 and then possibly trade back for another asset and grab Dariq as a high upside project somewhere in the mid to high teens.

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Thinking about "the lowest he'll drop is 16th, the highest he'll go is 9th" basically says the Utah Jazz love him and are picking him at one of the two picks. If that's true and not smoke and we do want Coulibaly you basically have to pick him at 6 to guarantee getting him otherwise you risk him not being on the board at 11. 

the Utah Jazz had Cam Whitmore in for a workout.. So basically revealing that they are going to move up in the draft.. 

I don’t see them drafting Coulibaly.. Dallas will probably go for Cason Wallace or Lively..

And i don’t think Coulibaly goes past us.. It’s either Lively or Coulibaly at 11 imo

Wasserman with an update to his mock today:

11. Orlando Magic: Bilal Coulibaly (Metropolitans 92, SF, 18 years old)

While most prospects use pro days and workouts to try and improve their stock, Coulibaly is helping himself in the LNB Pro A playoffs, most recently going for 16 points in a Game 4 win over ASVEL to help Mets 92 advance to the finals. Rumors of a lottery promise have started swirling in NBA circles. Teams in the late lottery have been considering the 18-year-old who's making an impact for Victor Wembanyama's Mets 92 with his effortless bounce, two-way activity and spot-up shooting. Recent flashes of self-creation have only made Coulibaly look more enticing weeks before the draft.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10077669-2023-nba-mock-draft-updated-full-2-round-predictions

• Like 1

And from Yahoo today:

Draft risers

Bilal Coulibaly

Coulibaly is one of the hottest names leading up to the draft and helped lead the Metropolitans 92 to their first LNB Pro A Finals by defeating three-time defending champion (and Victory Wembanyama's old team) ASVEL, 71-69, in Game 4 of the semifinals to take the series 3-1. Coulibaly finished with 16 points, 4 assists and 2 steals in the win and has come alive playing impactful minutes in the playoff run. After averaging fewer than 5 points and 3 rebounds during the regular season, he's now averaging 10.9 points on 52.4% from the field and 34% from 3-point range.

Coulibaly is one of the youngest players in this draft class at 18 and has tremendous two-way upside with his 6-foot-6 frame and 7-3 wingspan. Wembanyama praised his teammate after the win, tweeting, "By now, everyone knows he deserves to be top 10. But not enough realize he deserves to be top 5." He might not quite be in the discussion for the top five, but Coulibaly has made a case as a potential top-10 pick.

https://sports.yahoo.com/2023-nba-mock-draft-9-latest-projections-after-ncaa-withdrawal-deadline-and-first-round-risers-201711142.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAABSL5z3k2cKXpZNTaoKN_oXgaHyj82kUsKsuUWC3hzPtl_IRgJIK1OcnEpQk4-Q-H3bGuQeoB_y7lEfe5qnyxxqoTdvvpc1ad1XAyGfZbLwo4Acl2kNJa2PMlKBU2_bpwpFdeRDfruCUAUvJ7fQ4HyZCy6G1wBwDqjsihabx5oUT

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Not buying this Bilal hype. You dig deeper into it you’ll see he’s really not worth a lottery pick. Late lotto stash is where I’d go with him.

17 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

Tracking Coulibaly's playoff games:

MAY 28 - SEMIFINALS GAME 1

Coulibaly (2 PTS) - Wembanyana (19 PTS) 

MAY 30  - SEMIFINALS GAME 2

Coulibaly (15 PTS) - Wembanyana (13 PTS) 

JUNE 2 - SEMIFINALS GAME 3

Coulibaly (9 PTS) - Wembanyana (14 PTS) 

JUNE 4 - SEMIFINALS GAME 4 - TEAM ADVANCES TO THE FINALS

Coulibaly (16 PTS) - Wembanyana (15 PTS) 

TOTALS:

Coulibaly (42 PTS), AVG 10 - Wembanyana (61 PTS), AVG 15

FINALS 1ST GAME, SATURDAY JUNE 10 AT 2:30 PM ET

Metropolitans 92’s best-of-five series vs. AS Monaco Basket. Games will be streamed live on NBA.com and the NBA App.