Soul Bro

2022-2023 Draft Thread

41 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

I guess you called Barkley lean and trim in his younger days. Whitmore has a lot of junk in the trunk. 

If he’s half of what Barkley was coming out of college I’d take him lol

Young Barkley highlights are still fun to watch. He was a run away train  on a fast break. Still can’t believe how he could rebound at his size.  

40 minutes ago, MagicMan1979 said:

If he’s half of what Barkley was coming out of college I’d take him lol

Young Barkley highlights are still fun to watch. He was a run away train  on a fast break. Still can’t believe how he could rebound at his size.  

No doubt. At 6’4” too. Amazing. 

would it be too crazy to have Jarace Walker at 6 and Bilal Coulibaly at 11? 

Bilal is developing extremely fast and shows some Mikal Bridges upside.. 

We’d have some unique length and depth. That defense would be special and probably top3 defensive potential in the NBA. Especially if we sign Cam Johnson in FA (or trade for Patrick Williams/Deandre Hunter) 

PG: Fultz, C. Anthony

SG: F. Wagner, Suggs, B. Coulibaly 

SF: C. Johnson, Isaac, Houstan

PF: Banchero, J. Walker, Okeke

C: WCJ, Bitadze, Bol Bol

we’d absolutely need a backup center in FA. I could also see Isaac playing center. That would free up minutes for Coulibaly. But i’d develop him in the G. League for now… 

Mext deadline at the latest we need to pair some of our assets and get a significant player in return. 

1 hour ago, orlandoholic said:

would it be too crazy to have Jarace Walker at 6 and Bilal Coulibaly at 11? 

Bilal is developing extremely fast and shows some Mikal Bridges upside.. 

We’d have some unique length and depth. That defense would be special and probably top3 defensive potential in the NBA. Especially if we sign Cam Johnson in FA (or trade for Patrick Williams/Deandre Hunter) 

PG: Fultz, C. Anthony

SG: F. Wagner, Suggs, B. Coulibaly 

SF: C. Johnson, Isaac, Houstan

PF: Banchero, J. Walker, Okeke

C: WCJ, Bitadze, Bol Bol

we’d absolutely need a backup center in FA. I could also see Isaac playing center. That would free up minutes for Coulibaly. But i’d develop him in the G. League for now… 

Mext deadline at the latest we need to pair some of our assets and get a significant player in return. 

Wouldn't hate it. Wouldn't be over the moon either.

I think Cam Johnson is a 4 personally (he's played over 80% of his career minutes at PF) so don't think you both sign him and draft a PF at 6. 

I wouldn't bother with a backup 5 in FA in a world where you pick Jarace at 6, I'd just run with Goga, Mo Wagner and some Jarace backup 5 minutes. Also think you run Coulibaly as backup SF because Isaac is also a 4 really and also probably shouldn't be counted on to be part of the rotation.

2 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Wouldn't hate it. Wouldn't be over the moon either.

I think Cam Johnson is a 4 personally (he's played over 80% of his career minutes at PF) so don't think you both sign him and draft a PF at 6. 

I wouldn't bother with a backup 5 in FA in a world where you pick Jarace at 6, I'd just run with Goga, Mo Wagner and some Jarace backup 5 minutes. Also think you run Coulibaly as backup SF because Isaac is also a 4 really and also probably shouldn't be counted on to be part of the rotation.

i think you are actually right.. Only way signing Cam Johnson would work is that Franz is so unique that he could play SG. And Banchero+ Cam can be on the wing. I think this is the kind of positionless type basketball the NBA is heading too. 

I’m this concept you have like 5-8 players that can all play SG-SF-PF.. 

But i don’t actually see them signing a big time FA. I personally believe they will move Suggs to the starting lineup and both rookies will be major contributors off the bench..

i love the playmaking upside and what he will bring to the bench unit.. 
I think i’m locked in my 6th pick.. Jarace is kind of a all around skill set. 

Ausar is special because of his athleticism. Take that away and he’s probably a second round pick..

That said, i wouldn’t be mad if we drafted Ausar instead. He does have superstar potential. Just can teach that athleticism 

So my 6th pick is now definitely locked in. 

Jarace or Ausar. 

now it’s off to evaluating pick 11. 

Right now it’s a 4 man race for me. C. Wallace, Lively, Bilal Coulibaly, K. Goerge. I’m favoriting Bilal right now. He just has great attributes and has so much potential. 

3 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

One of the things that impresses me the most watching the tape, is the age of the players he is going against at his short age of 18......some of them don't even have hair !!!

Amen and Ausar were playing versus 16 - 20 years old......and are older than Coulibaly by 2 years. 

At this same age Franz went to college and played 2 seasons for Michigan.......just imagine.

Incredibly high ceiling, hyper athletic, coach Spin described him as. He has flaws, don't get me wrong, but the positives out weight the areas of improvements.

Plus we are not asking him to be a star on day one....Paolo, Franz, Wendell, Markelle, Jalen have the responsibility to carry this team, not Coulibaly or whoever is added.

With pick 6, do the Magic raise to the occasion and get him?

4 minutes ago, Albert Lergier said:

One of the things that impresses me the most watching the tape, is the age of the players he is going against at his short age of 18......some of them don't even have hair !!!

Amen and Ausar were playing versus 16 - 20 years old......and are older than Coulibaly by 2 years. 

At this same age Franz went to college and played 2 seasons for Michigan.......just imagine.

Incredibly high ceiling, hyper athletic, coach Spin described him as. He has flaws, don't get me wrong, but the positives out weight the areas of improvements.

Plus we are not asking him to be a star on day one....Paolo, Franz, Wendell, Markelle, Jalen have the responsibility to carry this team, not Coulibaly or whoever is added.

I wouldn't personally, got him at 16 on my board, but that's not to say the front office won't do it. 

9 minutes ago, Albert Lergier said:

I don’t know. Dude is raw raw. I like his driving ability. I like how he can go left and right. I like his ability to  throw out counter moves but that three point shot is slow as molasses. I think he’d make an immediate impact defensively.

Right now I’d take him at 11 but with so many forwards at our first pick and us needed something completely different...Tough call. This draft for me is so difficult. It’s forward heavy in the area we are drafting and we have our core at that spot. 

2 minutes ago, Jon said:

I don’t know. Dude is raw raw. I like his driving ability. I like how he can go left and right. I like his ability to  throw out counter moves but that three point shot is slow as molasses. I think he’d make an immediate impact defensively.

Right now I’d take him at 11 but with so many forwards at our first pick and us needed something completely different...Tough call. This draft for me is so difficult. It’s forward heavy in the area we are drafting and we have our core at that spot. 

You can never have too many wings. Especially because the ones we currently have can handle the ball and make plays for others and so don't necessarily need to play with a PG all the time.