Soul Bro

2022-2023 Draft Thread

8 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

In fairness to Coulibaly, here's what Givony said about him on April 20 (prior to any promise news):

https://www.espn.com/nba/story/_/id/36244098/bilal-coulibaly-joins-teammate-victor-wembanyama-nba-draft

So, why not us be the pickers of Coulibaly with # 6?

If future phenom Ausar has been in the conversation for us at 6, Coulibaly has merits too.

A few facts of each of them:

Ausar - 21 in January

6'7", 7' wingspan, 218 lbs

Playing professional since 2021 in OTE League. OTE is a pro league for players 16 - 20 years old

Coulibaly - 19 in July

6'8", 7'3"wingspan, 190 lbs

Playing professional since 2021 in LNB Pro A League.  LNB Pro A League is the top-tier men's professional basketball league in France.

In addition, he was a guard until he had (Soul's post) a late growth spurt that took him from 5-11 as a 16-year-old...to 6'7" - 6'8"

NOTE OF INTEREST:

"Three weeks later, Brad Stevens was seated courtside at the Palais des Sports Marcel Cerdan, the Mets arena. The president of basketball operations for the Boston Celtics was attending an off-season game between the Mets and Le Portel. People were whispering, Is he there for Victor [Wembanyama]? No. Bilal Coulibaly was the only reason for Stevens’ appearance. But sadly, he was injured"

I'M SURE THAT THE MAGIC'S FRONT OFFICE KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON AND ARE DOING THEIR DUE DILIGENCE....AS THEY DID WITH FRANZ AND PAOLO !!! 

• Upvote 1

53 minutes ago, Albert Lergier said:

If future phenom Ausar has been in the conversation for us at 6, Coulibaly has merits too.

Ausar - 21 in January

Playing professional since 2021 in OTE League. OTE is a pro league for players 16 - 20 years old

Coulibaly - 19 in July

Playing professional since 2021 in LNB Pro A League.  LNB Pro A League is the top-tier men's professional basketball league in France.

In addition, he was a guard until he had (Soul's post) a late growth spurt that took him from 5-11 as a 16-year-old...to 6'7" - 6'8"

NOTE OF INTEREST:

"Three weeks later, Brad Stevens was seated courtside at the Palais des Sports Marcel Cerdan, the Mets arena. The president of basketball operations for the Boston Celtics was attending an off-season game between the Mets and Le Portel. People were whispering, Is he there for Victor [Wembanyama]? No. Bilal Coulibaly was the only reason for Stevens’ appearance. But sadly, he was injured"

I'M SURE THAT THE MAGIC'S FRONT OFFICE KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON AND ARE DOING THEIR DUE DILIGENCE....AS THEY DID WITH FRANZ !! 

As crazy as it sounds, I’m tracking with you. It all depends on what teams think of his upside. Crazier things have happened.

3 hours ago, Albert Lergier said:

Ausar - 21 in January

Coulibaly - 19 in July

NOTE OF INTEREST:

I'M SURE THAT THE MAGIC'S FRONT OFFICE KNOW WHAT IS GOING ON AND ARE DOING THEIR DUE DILIGENCE....AS THEY DID WITH FRANZ AND PAOLO !!! 

I'm strapped in for him at #6. If he's European, I'm sure his fundamentals are sound and there's no way he lasts to #11. 

In all honesty, I love European NBA players and their upside for great team basketball over a lot of USA players. Fundamentals and team concepts (passing, team defense positioning) tend to be a lot higher. 

3 hours ago, fan for too long 2 said:

I would take Bilal over fat whitmore and brick laying slow azz release Ausar.
But please Gradey or some damn shooter on one of these first round picks. 

Lol!!!

9 minutes ago, Albert Lergier said:

Ben was one of your favs for our 2nd rounder......right?

No not at all really, wasn't really on my radar until the combine but he looked great in the combine scrimmages and by all accounts his stock has continued to rise. 

The latest ESPN mock had us taking him at 36 but seems unlikely now.

I want Sensabaugh or Keyonte wirh 1 of our picks. Furthermore them 2 both on our team. And GG Jackson 

Sensabaugh is LEGIT!!!!

2 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

No not at all really, wasn't really on my radar until the combine but he looked great in the combine scrimmages and by all accounts his stock has continued to rise. 

The latest ESPN mock had us taking him at 36 but seems unlikely now.

Tankathon has him (Ben Sheppard) at 49 !!!

This draft is going to have (IMHO) some craziness....AND I THINK THE MAGIC COULD BE ONE OF THE TEAMS THAT CONTRIBUTE TO THE CRAZINESS.

If the Magic draft Coulibaly with their 6........BOOM !!!

This league is almost all about wing players and 3 point shooters, even though this year's # 1 overfall is considered a center. Which in reality he is not all the time, he plays more as a wing....sure with his size and wingspan Pop wants him around the paint area as much as possible. It's going to be interesting to see the way the teams strategize to defend / limit him to dominate. He will probably end playing a lot like the Jokic......we just shall see.