Soul Bro

2022-2023 Draft Thread

So, here are my thoughts on the moves to make for this roster over the summer. With pick #6 - Taylor Hendricks, and pick #11 Jordan Hawkins. Guarantee or exercise the club options on Fultz, G Harris, and Bitadze. Decline the options or waive Michael Carter-Williams, Bol Bol, and Admiral Schofield.  Sign D Schroder to 4/$48M using the MLE, and re-sign Moe Wagner starting at $3.5M. All this still brings us in at about $127M, or about $7M under the cap, we punt on any decision for Isaac until the end of training camp or December, as we can guarantee for the full $17.4M or release him and only pay $7.6M. That makes our rotation look like this:

Fultz/Schroder/Anthony

Suggs/Harris/Hawkins

F Wagner/Houston/Okeke

Banchero/Isaac/Hendricks

Carter/Bitadze/M Wagner

This gives you great roster flexibility to go big or go small, and leaves you cap room to make moves if you have to for injury reasons (Okeke, Isaac). You aren't forced to bring Hendricks or Hawkins along too quickly, but you can easily move either into the backup SF role as well if they are outplaying Houston/Okeke. Schroder and (hopefully) continued improvements in Anthony/Suggs will strengthen your backcourt rotation. I would also say re-sign Keyon Harris to a 2-way spot, and if you can manage it, draft Podziemski with #36 and give him the other 2-way spot. I actually think that every single one of these moves is do-able. The only snag might be Hawkins going before #11, but I think you could plug in Gradey Dick or Cason Wallace into that #11 spot and do almost the same idea.

Thoughts?

1 hour ago, Jay Magic said:

Wasserman has us taking 

6: Anthony Black

11: Keyonte Georgep

That would be a mess, imho.

4 hours ago, jmmagicfan said:

So, here are my thoughts on the moves to make for this roster over the summer. With pick #6 - Taylor Hendricks, and pick #11 Jordan Hawkins. Guarantee or exercise the club options on Fultz, G Harris, and Bitadze. Decline the options or waive Michael Carter-Williams, Bol Bol, and Admiral Schofield.  Sign D Schroder to 4/$48M using the MLE, and re-sign Moe Wagner starting at $3.5M. All this still brings us in at about $127M, or about $7M under the cap, we punt on any decision for Isaac until the end of training camp or December, as we can guarantee for the full $17.4M or release him and only pay $7.6M. That makes our rotation look like this:

Fultz/Schroder/Anthony

Suggs/Harris/Hawkins

F Wagner/Houston/Okeke

Banchero/Isaac/Hendricks

Carter/Bitadze/M Wagner

This gives you great roster flexibility to go big or go small, and leaves you cap room to make moves if you have to for injury reasons (Okeke, Isaac). You aren't forced to bring Hendricks or Hawkins along too quickly, but you can easily move either into the backup SF role as well if they are outplaying Houston/Okeke. Schroder and (hopefully) continued improvements in Anthony/Suggs will strengthen your backcourt rotation. I would also say re-sign Keyon Harris to a 2-way spot, and if you can manage it, draft Podziemski with #36 and give him the other 2-way spot. I actually think that every single one of these moves is do-able. The only snag might be Hawkins going before #11, but I think you could plug in Gradey Dick or Cason Wallace into that #11 spot and do almost the same idea.

Thoughts?

Not a fan of Schroeder myself. I like all of our current guards better. I wouldn’t give a long contract either. Everything else in your plan I’m good with. 

If that's true I wonder who promised Coulibaly... He gives of WeltHam vibes... But could equally be a Thunder or Raptor guy. 

16 hours ago, hootie249 said:

26 more days until the Draft.

Approximately 143 days until the start of the next NBA season (based on 10/23 start date which might be a few days off, hasn’t been announced yet).  

6 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

If that's true I wonder who promised Coulibaly... He gives of WeltHam vibes... But could equally be a Thunder or Raptor guy. 

Geez… I hadn’t really read up on the guy. He’s exactly a WeltHam guy. 18 years old, somewhere between 6’6” to 6’8” with a 7’3” wingspan, and a phenomenal defender who shoots 40% from three.

“He is our X factor,” Wembanyama told SLAM Magazine. “An all-terrain weapon, he can posterize a player and on the very next play block him. Players keep on underestimating him because he is young … They go for a layup thinking they are safe and they get annihilated. Every game he does something crazy. I think he is the player I’m looking for the most on the court.”

https://sports.yahoo.com/meet-bilal-coulibaly-victor-wembanyamas-teammate-who-is-rising-up-nba-draft-boards-172154797.html?guccounter=1&guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAACsgFOV791LW2_5vyI_cBcZtY9SKEHRB6TYC5PvWCO8Yc383IQvHJT0eQHCb1ZvWysM29nemSi0mUrMDTJkndFBW2UJOK4UT-pPyWzeH90rLd8SNdcur5kCUk8jpqEfTSjGlnG5kJVpKMIt2CqGIvPC_ArU-2KB4EwhaIE1XF9Vq

• Upvote 1

I'm always thinking about how John Hammond picked both Giannis and Thon Maker above what the predraft consensus was for those guys. Then we promised Caleb Houstan last draft. So now a long athletic guy gets a (rumoured) promise way higher than consensus? In my head it must be us lol. Realistically though Toronto and OKC have similar types of guys they like so could be either of them easily.