Soul Bro

2022-2023 Draft Thread

31 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

If they add Harden and Siakim, I'm curious if they'll trade Porter Jr., Green or Smith Jr... Smith Jr. had a terrible year, but he could be a buy-low candidate.

20 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

If they add Harden and Siakim, I'm curious if they'll trade Porter Jr., Green or Smith Jr... Smith Jr. had a terrible year, but he could be a buy-low candidate.

I doubt Jabari a buy-low candidate after finishing the season strong. Shot and rebounded the ball very well down the stretch. 

15 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

I have just witnessed one of the great finishes in NBA history. WOW WOW WOW WOW WHAT THE *****!!!!!

I agree. It’s up there with Derick Fishers shot. 

This is who they were comparing Cason Wallace too on the previous pages …mostly because of the long wingspan …saw White use those long arms to his advantage on many occasions in tonight’s game …not to mention his prowess from the arc .

1 hour ago, MagicMan1979 said:

I agree. It’s up there with Derick Fishers shot. 

i was supposed to put my lasts posts in the playoff thread. That Fisher shot if u mean the 1 vs us in 2009.. i was there in person. I will never forget that

7 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

Honestly they might include some of those guys in a Siakam trade. I don't think 4 alone gets it done. 

Surprised Portland isn't all over a trade of 3 and stuff for Siakam to be honest that's probably their best shot at getting a star to pair with Dame. 

I love this time of year. Because reports like these could legitimately be true. Or they could really be a couple teams trying to gas up players they think those in front of them want so others fall to them. 

And you don't know what's real until draft night (by which time you've forgotten all this stuff from months out). The way reporters and journalists talk at this time of year there are 50 guys who are getting first round buzz and 25 guys getting lottery buzz. 

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, Jay Magic said:

i was supposed to put my lasts posts in the playoff thread. That Fisher shot if u mean the 1 vs us in 2009.. i was there in person. I will never forget that

I meant the shot he hit with .4 seconds against The Spurs. It was the least amount of time someone could hit a catch and shoot.

I was at that 2009 game also though. It was a nooooo moment for sure. lol

Could Jarace be the one with our 6th pick.....to solidify our interior defense helping up Paolo and Wendell?

Jarace Walker combines Defensive Player of the Year upside with singular power and finesse on the offensive end. 

Jarace Walker is arguably the best defensive prospect in the 2023 NBA Draft.....he has small-ball center potential.

“Versatility” has become something of a buzzword in the NBA discourse. It is, if nothing else, a rather versatile word. It can apply to a broad number of attributes, many different facets of the game. What makes Jarace Walker special — and what makes him a potential top-5 pick — is his versatility. And, in the case of Walker, that word can hold any number of different meanings.

Walker, who looks like he would make a tremendous professional wrestler if he ever fancied a change of profession, has been a guiding light for one of the best programs in college basketball. He impacts the game at a high level on both ends and he’s set up well for a potentially deep run in March.

The top of the draft is loaded with talent. A lot of prospects fit a more traditional mold of theoretical offensive star than Walker. A lot of prospects play flashier basketball, or have bigger followings on social media. But not many of them will outwork Walker, and very few project as better NBA players long-term.