Soul Bro

2022-2023 Draft Thread

Some draft rumours: 

Apparently Indiana really wants to trade up for Brandon Miller. 

Another rumour is the Spurs are trying to acquire another first round pick to pick a PG. They've got a bunch of picks from trades. Wonder if there's any chance we trade out of 11 for 2 or 3 future 1sts from them. 

Khobi Price from the Sentinel was on the 6th Man Show and he flat out said he doesn't believe the Magic will trade up in the draft or package 6 and 11 for a player either. 

2 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Khobi Price from the Sentinel was on the 6th Man Show and he flat out said he doesn't believe the Magic will trade up in the draft or package 6 and 11 for a player either. 

And the sun is bright. And water is wet.  

• Upvote 1

9 hours ago, A Better DJ & Photographer said:

I wouldn't trade WCJ for Simons straight up, but with our picks to get him and Scoot I'm all in. I have faith that management can get us a starting center via trade.

I'm old school, you don't trade big for small unless there is an all-star caliber small involved or the big has left you no choice. I just think WCJ's career is still on an upward trajectory, and I think he is exactly the type of player to make us regret it later if we trade him.

• Like 1

I’m a huge Fultz fan …but a generational PG to go along with our wing studs is a no brainer imo …and there is smoke all over the internet about the Magic packaging their picks to move up …hypothesizing teams that might want to make a power play …doesn’t mean it’s gonna happen .

Khobi Price knows absolutely nothing …I signed up for the Sentinel last summer but quickly dropped when I saw what this guy writes …he has no rapport with management to give him inside info other than the general info they give everybody .

2 minutes ago, ball junkie said:

I’m a huge Fultz fan …but a generational PG to go along with our wing studs is a no brainer imo …and there is smoke all over the internet about the Magic packaging their picks to move up …hypothesizing teams that might want to make a power play …doesn’t mean it’s gonna happen .

Khobi Price knows absolutely nothing …I signed up for the Sentinel last summer but quickly dropped when I saw what this guy writes …he has no rapport with management to give him inside info other than the general info they give everybody .

Khobi Price knows ten times more about the Magic than anywhere the smoke is coming from. Almost all the smoke is coming from randoms wildly speculating.

There was smoke all over the internet that we'd pick Jabari Smith last summer too. 

13 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Khobi Price knows ten times more about the Magic than anywhere the smoke is coming from. Almost all the smoke is coming from randoms wildly speculating.

There was smoke all over the internet that we'd pick Jabari Smith last summer too. 

As I said Price knows nothing …and I clarified what I meant by smoke …no writer has claimed to have inside info …

Edit: Khobi was all over Jabari too cause I was reading it 

21 minutes ago, ball junkie said:

As I said Price knows nothing …and I clarified what I meant by smoke …no writer has claimed to have inside info …

Edit: Khobi was all over Jabari too cause I was reading it 

For me Khobi has a decent track record since he's been working the beat.

We'll see what happens. 

18 hours ago, A Better DJ & Photographer said:

Hopefully JI, Goga, and Mo can platoon the center position while we bring someone along.

If Judah gets hurt one more time the Magic will have reached sunk cost fallacy. I'm not going to be the least bit surprised if he ends up being traded. The Magic will never take the next step if those they depend on to be their best players are always hurt.

Im actually hoping they make a move soon

I think absolutely no one knows what the Magic are going to do at this point. There wasn't a peep about Paolo to the Magic last summer, and there were A LOT of people with connections to management saying what they thought. 

This is the antithesis of the Moldy Hobo days where stuff was leaked directly to this board. 

Nothing - NOTHING - is going to get out until it happens. 

Here's 13 mins of analysis on Gradey Dicks defense for those interested. 

TLDR: Gradey sometimes gets mislabeled as a "bad" defender. He's not great at some things, he's very jumpy when guarding on ball, he has some awareness issues off ball (getting back cut etc) and he needs to add strength. But he's got really great anticipation for steals, fast hands, great recovery instincts to rotate and use his length to challenge shots and he's shown flashes of really good individual defense also. 

• Like 1