Soul Bro

2022-2023 Draft Thread

17 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Is it me or is Brandin Podziemski becoming a legit candidate for the late lotto? Is Dragic a good comp?

Good read: https://ftw.usatoday.com/lists/brandin-podziemski-nba-draft-combine-sleepers-santa-clara

Late lotto is higher than I've seen him but he is very good. Awesome shooter, good passer, terrific rebounder for a guard. Some people have compared him to Austin Reaves which I can kind of see but is a bit of an aesthetic (white guy) comp.

I don't personally think Dragic is a good comp. It's mostly an aesthetic comp also since they're both white lefties. 

38 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Rockets seemingly leaning one of Thompson twins. Apparently Ausar has improved shot mechanics. 

i have them taking Amen.. 

My Mock

1. Wembanyama 

2. S. Henderson 

3. B. Miller (i expect a trade tbh)

4. Am. Thompson 

5. C. Whitmore

6. J. Walker

7. Au. Thompson

8. T. Hendricks 

9. C. Wallace

10. Lively

11. K. George

1 hour ago, CTMagicUK said:

Rockets seemingly leaning one of Thompson twins. Apparently Ausar has improved shot mechanics. 

That’s a wild (and fun) report. Wow.

59 minutes ago, orlandoholic said:

i have them taking Amen.. 

My Mock

1. Wembanyama 

2. S. Henderson 

3. B. Miller (i expect a trade tbh)

4. Am. Thompson 

5. C. Whitmore

6. J. Walker

7. Au. Thompson

8. T. Hendricks 

9. C. Wallace

10. Lively

11. K. George

I’m not a fan of this scenario.

• Upvote 1

If the Rockets pick Ausar over Amen things start to get weird. 

Amen is in for a potential slide. Because he's a bad fit in both Detroit and here. 

I have him at 3 on my board and even I'm not super sure id pick him at 6. Part of me thinks just go for it and figure it out later but it can't be ignored he's not a great fit on this roster. 

I think maybe I still do it. Just swing for the fences and hope we hit a home run. 

But it's a weird situation to think about because Magic fans will collectively lose their minds at drafting another bad shooter. 

TRADE at 3. Orlando Magic (via Blazers): Scoot Henderson, PG, G League Ignite

Orlando Magic receive: Anfernee Simons and No. 3 pick

Portland Trail Blazers receive: Wendell Carter Jr., Gary Harris, No. 6 pick and No. 11 pick

The availability of this pick might be the worst-kept secret in basketball. As ESPN's Zach Lowerelayed, Portland is expected "to explore the kind of veteran help that pick—plus other players—might fetch for Damian Lillard.

While Blazers fans are surely dreaming of bigger names than those listed here, Portland doesn't appear one player away from climbing the standings. Adding a pair of plug-and-play veterans in Carter and Harris would deepen this roster, and the club could explore additional opportunities by moving down the board.

Carter is a rock-solid center who can anchor the defensive end and juice the offense as a screen-setter, finisher and ball-mover. Harris is a top-shelf on-ball defender who just buried 43.1 percent of his long-range looks. Both would be effortless fits alongside Lillard (and, ideally, Jerami Grant).

Orlando, meanwhile, might be incentivized to pounce if Henderson slips this far. The Magic have a few intriguing options at point guard (Markelle Fultz, Jalen Suggs and Cole Anthony), but the hyper-explosive Henderson has a ceiling that sits several stories above the rest. Adding him and Simons to a core that includes Paolo Banchero and Franz Wagner might give Orlando one of the league's brightest long-term outlooks.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10077027-2023-nba-mock-draft-3-trade-ideas-to-shake-up-the-lottery
Put Shaedon Sharpe instead of Simons and I’d jump on this trade so fast I’d probably beat Usain Bolt 

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, ball junkie said:

Portland Trail Blazers receive: Wendell Carter Jr., Gary Harris, No. 6 pick and No. 11 pick

The availability of this pick might be the worst-kept secret in basketball. As ESPN's Zach Lowerelayed, Portland is expected "to explore the kind of veteran help that pick—plus other players—might fetch for Damian Lillard.

While Blazers fans are surely dreaming of bigger names than those listed here, Portland doesn't appear one player away from climbing the standings. Adding a pair of plug-and-play veterans in Carter and Harris would deepen this roster, and the club could explore additional opportunities by moving down the board.

Carter is a rock-solid center who can anchor the defensive end and juice the offense as a screen-setter, finisher and ball-mover. Harris is a top-shelf on-ball defender who just buried 43.1 percent of his long-range looks. Both would be effortless fits alongside Lillard (and, ideally, Jerami Grant).

Orlando, meanwhile, might be incentivized to pounce if Henderson slips this far. The Magic have a few intriguing options at point guard (Markelle Fultz, Jalen Suggs and Cole Anthony), but the hyper-explosive Henderson has a ceiling that sits several stories above the rest. Adding him and Simons to a core that includes Paolo Banchero and Franz Wagner might give Orlando one of the league's brightest long-term outlooks.

https://bleacherreport.com/articles/10077027-2023-nba-mock-draft-3-trade-ideas-to-shake-up-the-lottery
Put Shaedon Sharpe instead of Simons and I’d jump on this trade so fast I’d probably beat Usain Bolt 

That’s what I would love to see. Does Charlotte pass on Scoot? 

1 hour ago, ball junkie said:

That’d be a legit trade to consider. To me, WCJ and Simons have about equal value, and it’d mean we’d have to trade Cole. Still I’d consider it if we think Scoot or Miller will be a legit star.

37 minutes ago, Jason Funderburker said:

Simons definitely brings something we lack but idk if I would like him on the team more than WCJ. Would leave quite the gaping hole at 5, too

i love WCJ, but that deal is just too good not to do that.. 

In this scenario, we absolutely bring back Vooch and play him a couple of years and next year we draft another center. 

Or with the second round pick we take a swing on a player like Tracy Jackson Davis, Bona, Nnaji,