Soul Bro

2022-2023 Draft Thread

28 minutes ago, Natesroom said:

That was the dumbest thought process - suggesting we would offer 6, 11 and WCJ for the 3 if its Scoot...his caveat is saying that if "Orlando thought scoot was the PG of the future"

Totally agree with your take. 

I don’t know how much you guys have been paying attention to this draft outside of Victor but Scoot is thought of as a future superstar talent just as much as Wemby …and you know I love Kelle 

1 hour ago, ball junkie said:

I don’t know how much you guys have been paying attention to this draft outside of Victor but Scoot is thought of as a future superstar talent just as much as Wemby …and you know I love Kelle 

Scoot has been discussed at length in this 59 page thread.

19 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Scoot has been discussed at length in this 59 page thread.

The point was that the previous posters were scoffing at Vecenie’s suggestion that Orlando trade 6, 11 and WCJ to draft Scoot …as much as I like Kelle, Scoot is a superstar caliber player himself …I’d definitely consider 

2 hours ago, ball junkie said:

The point was that the previous posters were scoffing at Vecenie’s suggestion that Orlando trade 6, 11 and WCJ to draft Scoot …as much as I like Kelle, Scoot is a superstar caliber player himself …I’d definitely consider 

I would be down with trading up for him. I just think Vecenie was offering way to much. I would trade Suggs or Cole and the 2 picks for him. Not Carter Jr though. 

I know people on this board want Austin Reaves ( I want him, too), but I think Rui Hachimura is a more realistic option. He's everything we're hoping Chuma to be, and I think there's still some untapped potential in his game. I know the Lakers want both back, but I think they have a higher priority on Reaves, so I believe they'll be more willing to let Ruin walk.

39 minutes ago, Shine88 said:

I know people on this board want Austin Reaves ( I want him, too), but I think Rui Hachimura is a more realistic option. He's everything we're hoping Chuma to be, and I think there's still some untapped potential in his game. I know the Lakers want both back, but I think they have a higher priority on Reaves, so I believe they'll be more willing to let Ruin walk.

I personally do not want Reaves because I think it is very unlikely he Carrie’s this level of play to his next contract. Hachimura is interesting but i also think he will get paid too much for his role

Kobe Bufkin might be my guy in this draft. I just find it impossible to believe that a 6'5 (in shoes) guard with a 6'8 wingspan that can shoot, pass, dribble, is a terrific finisher at the rim, is low turnover and plays good defense will fail. It feels like he has an incredibly high floor. Then it's about how much he can develop, because despite being a sophomore he's basically the same age or younger than a lot of freshman.

40 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Kobe Bufkin might be my guy in this draft. I just find it impossible to believe that a 6'5 (in shoes) guard with a 6'8 wingspan that can shoot, pass, dribble, is a terrific finisher at the rim, is low turnover and plays good defense will fail. It feels like he has an incredibly high floor. Then it's about how much he can develop, because despite being a sophomore he's basically the same age or younger than a lot of freshman.

Yeah, he just might be this years Jalen Williams but younger.

Grady Dick and Cason Wallace look to be pegged both in that 8-11 range …if you’re the Magic and both are still there at 11 who you taking ? …There are no wrong answers …this is a forum for opinions and I’d like some 

32 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

Yeah, he just might be this years Jalen Williams but younger.

To be honest I'm hoping we continue our streak of Michigan prospects to 3 drafts in a row and take him at 11.