Soul Bro

2022-2023 Draft Thread

7 hours ago, ball junkie said:

Soul …Wallace was our best player at the end of the year …a back injury I can’t even remember now and on UK boards it’s not discussed …but it’s cool I’m not all about the Magic getting him like I was Sharpe …I’ll just remind look at what UK guards are doing in the NBA right now …Wallace was the Texas HS player of the year …that’s a big state …nuff said .

If Wallace’s body checks out, he’s a top option for me at 11. 

• Upvote 3

10 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Keyonte is one of those guys that I have differing opinions on between my personal opinions and me trying to be unbiased and analytical. In my rankings I have him like 14th or something but honestly if I just went by gut instinct I'd have him top 10. 

Mike Miller is his agent also

FYI Jonathan Givony said he doesn't believe Portland are trading #3. And it's worth noting Mike Schmitz is assistant GM in Portland who worked with Givony for like a decade. 

6 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

FYI Jonathan Givony said he doesn't believe Portland are trading #3. And it's worth noting Mike Schmitz is assistant GM in Portland who worked with Givony for like a decade. 

honestly it would be a huge mistake.. 

They are either getting a perfect fit potential franchise player in B. Miller or they get their immediate replacement for Lilliard, who could be traded for a crazy package in return.. 

7 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

If this happens it signals the end of the Lillard era …cause he said he wanted nothing to do with more young guys …fine by me, means Sharpe gets the keys to the car …or he and Simons and whoever else 

Zach Lowe and Givony briefly discussed the Magic. They mostly discussed that we have assets to move up in the draft or acquire a veteran but didn't mention names. 

Something interesting Zach said is that with the new CBA coming some of the highest spending teams might end up jettisoning some good players for not a lot to avoid some of the stricter luxury tax rules in the coming seasons so teams with flexibility like us (also mentioned the Spurs) could end up picking up some good pieces for quite cheap. 

I watched some Paolo highlights just now, man I'm so excited to see how good he can become. But mostly I just noticed how there were 3+ defenders in the paint far too often... We really should draft Gradey Dick. I'd feel a whole lot better about it at 11 than 6 though. 

• Upvote 1

7 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Zach Lowe and Givony briefly discussed the Magic. They mostly discussed that we have assets to move up in the draft or acquire a veteran but didn't mention names. 

Something interesting Zach said is that with the new CBA coming some of the highest spending teams might end up jettisoning some good players for not a lot to avoid some of the stricter luxury tax rules in the coming seasons so teams with flexibility like us (also mentioned the Spurs) could end up picking up some good pieces for quite cheap. 

Hmmm.. the second part reads like a Jordan Poole comment

18 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Hmmm.. the second part reads like a Jordan Poole comment

Poole of course comes to mind but really any decently paid roleplayer on a tax team could come under this. 

So anyone on Golden State, the Clippers, Philly if they resign Harden, Atlanta, Boston if they resign Jaylen Brown, Milwaukee if they resign Middleton and Lopez. 

Like someone like Terance Mann maybe, or like a Grant Williams type. 

Someone who could be in your playoff rotation and maybe even be a starter without being a star. 

EDIT: definitely not Grant Williams LOL.