Soul Bro

2022-2023 Draft Thread

1 minute ago, Shine88 said:

Nah, it's more like a top 3 draft, which is why Detroit and Houston are sick right now.

I think we should package 6 and 11 to Portland for 3 and one of their bad contract.

If it's a top 3 player draft, why would they trade for young depth when they need to "win now." If anything, I see them trading #3 for a proven star to a deal whom is going to rebuild mode - like a Bradley Beal or Paul George or someone. 

I'm fine with this outcome. We kept the Bulls pick, which ended up at the highest position it could for us to still get it. We also kept our pick at 6, which was statistically more likely to fall one spot to 7, so that's a small win. The way I see it, there are 6 players with superstar upside in Wemby and Scoot most likely to hit that bar. Brandon Miller less likely, and then the Thompsons and Whitmore a bit less likely than that, but still with a shot. So we're guaranteed to have the opportunity to pick at least one of those guys at 6, whereas at 7 we might not have had that chance. Of the players potentially there at 6, I'd rank my preferences as Ausar, Hendricks, Whitmore, Dick. At 11, Dick, and if he's gone Hawkins. I'd only pick Dick at 6 if we're planning on focusing strictly on upgrading shooting and plan to draft both him and Hawkins.

If we couldn’t win I’m pleased with the outcome. Didn’t want Houston or Detroit to win because of how bad they were, and there probably isn’t a better coach pairing for Wemby than Pop. 

Hoping Anthony Black is there at 6

I feel like Gradey is a safe pick. Great shooter. Smart player. High motor. 6'8" frame. Is he going to be overpowered by more athletic guards? Do we take safe who "fits well" with Paolo and Wagner? Do we take highest upside with a lower floor? 

I get that you go for BPA, but a part of me will be upset if we don't go for a big guard who can shoot. It's our weakest position and something that would complement Fultz / Paolo's ability to drive so well. 

• Like 1

16 minutes ago, TreyMachine said:

I feel like Gradey is a safe pick. Great shooter. Smart player. High motor. 6'8" frame. Is he going to be overpowered by more athletic guards? Do we take safe who "fits well" with Paolo and Wagner? Do we take highest upside with a lower floor? 

Gradey would be a fantastic fit. Unselfish, great shooter. But I don't see our front office taking him at 6 or even at all.

They've earned my trust, though, so I'll be happy with whichever outcome

Are those of you rooting for the Magic to take Dick envisioning him as a starting shooting guard or a backup small forward? I worry about his ability to guard players at the two guard spot. While he hustles and you can't question his effort on that end, he's kind of slow and weak and I worry that he'll give up more points than he gets you. I prefer Hendricks for the 3-and-d potential; he can spread the floor a bit and won't likely give up more points than he nets you.

• Upvote 1