Soul Bro

2022-2023 Draft Thread

1 minute ago, orlandoholic said:

such a deep and talented class!!!

unfortunately there is not a lot of center help on the board. Would have loved to draft a high quality rookie center as a backup to WJC.. 

We'll have to wait and see who is available, and where we are drafting, but there don't seem to be a lot of quality centers this year. I was actually quite pleasantly surprised with Goga, and am not against bringing him back to be our "big" center backup, and keeping Moe Wagner as our PF/C big who gets under opposing teams skin. I think we have a pretty good base that with a couple more good players can go pretty far. I think some tweaking can do a lot for us.  Continued development from our young core gives us a lot of upside right now. 

2 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

https://nbadraft.theringer.com/

KOC just updated his big board. If we presume the Klintman change is intel related then it's possible all the big changes are intel related. Bufkin, Coulibaly, Jaime Jaquez and Andre Jackson Jr feel like other big risers (anecdotally, I can't remember exactly but don't think any of the last 3 were even in the top 30 before).

Bufkin at 10. Our range. Do it Weltman.

Dariq Whitehead at 35. Our 2nd round range. Do this also.

I know Kelle is a favorite of this board, and I love him for what he is, but I'm going to be upset if we don't draft a PG in this draft. I'm on the Wallace train, but I'd be fine with Bufkin, too. 

PS - My hope right now is Whitmore and Wallace. If both hit their ceiling, we could be looking at a super nasty two-way team. (I reserve the right to obsess and change my mind tomorrow :)).

1 hour ago, CTMagicUK said:

https://nbadraft.theringer.com/

KOC just updated his big board. If we presume the Klintman change is intel related then it's possible all the big changes are intel related. Bufkin, Coulibaly, Jaime Jaquez and Andre Jackson Jr feel like other big risers (anecdotally, I can't remember exactly but don't think any of the last 3 were even in the top 30 before).

One more thing. What a crazy update to his board. 

1 hour ago, orlandoholic said:

such a deep and talented class!!!

unfortunately there is not a lot of center help on the board. Would have loved to draft a high quality rookie center as a backup to WJC.. 

Tomorrow.... God willing tomorrow. If lightning strikes twice for the Magic, Wendell will be the backup and it'll be the 3rd time they draft a franchise center at #1

• Like 1

https://www.nba.com/stats/draft/combine-anthro?SeasonYear=2023-24&dir=D&sort=WINGSPAN

Combine measurements are in. 

Leonard Miller is huge. 

Jarace Walker only being 6'6.5 is surprising but the huge wingspan helps. 

Taylor Hendricks being the size of some out and out bigs is awesome for him. 

Emoni Bates weighs less than 6'4 (noticeably skinny) Kobe Bufkin lol. 

Player A: 11.7 Points, 4.3 Assists, 3.7 Rebounds, 2 steals, 0.5 blocks, 2.1 turnovers on 45/35/76 shooting, 4 3PA per game.

Listed height 6'4.

Scouting report: one of the best defensive players in the class, can play off ball or on ball as a guard, projects as a solid shooter with some things to iron out. 

Player B: 14.4 points, 4.5 assists, 5.3 rebounds, 1.9 steals, 0.3 blocks, 2.9 turnovers on 50/34/75 shooting, 3.5 3PA per game. 

Listed height 6'4

Scouting report: one of the best defensive players in the class, can play on or off ball as a guard, projects to be a solid shooter with some things to iron out. 

Ok so I've deliberately left some details out to make my point but the point is roughly, Player A and Player B are similar in profile. 

Player A is Cason Wallace. Player B is prospect Jalen Suggs. And to be clear this is not an anti Wallace post, it would only be that if I was low on Jalen Suggs and I'm still not (possibly in the minority now?). But because I'm a believer in Suggs still being a good NBA player I'm possibly lower on adding someone with a similar skillset. 

(Of course this could end up being a very bad take if Wallace is a super awesome NBA player right out of the gate but such is the world of discussing draft prospects.)

I'm only marginally concerned that Bobi Klintman is a bit of a WeltHam type. 

(EDIT: must be draft season if I'm triple posting.)

Can’t wait for tonight …get to see who’s gonna get Victor and add an ungodly amount of money/value to their franchise .

And I highly doubt it will be the Magic but if they do there’s no telling how many times I’ll run around the neighborhood lol

6 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Player A: 11.7 Points, 4.3 Assists, 3.7 Rebounds, 2 steals, 0.5 blocks, 2.1 turnovers on 45/35/76 shooting, 4 3PA per game.

Listed height 6'4.

Scouting report: one of the best defensive players in the class, can play off ball or on ball as a guard, projects as a solid shooter with some things to iron out. 

Player B: 14.4 points, 4.5 assists, 5.3 rebounds, 1.9 steals, 0.3 blocks, 2.9 turnovers on 50/34/75 shooting, 3.5 3PA per game. 

Listed height 6'4

Scouting report: one of the best defensive players in the class, can play on or off ball as a guard, projects to be a solid shooter with some things to iron out. 

Ok so I've deliberately left some details out to make my point but the point is roughly, Player A and Player B are similar in profile. 

Player A is Cason Wallace. Player B is prospect Jalen Suggs. And to be clear this is not an anti Wallace post, it would only be that if I was low on Jalen Suggs and I'm still not (possibly in the minority now?). But because I'm a believer in Suggs still being a good NBA player I'm possibly lower on adding someone with a similar skillset. 

(Of course this could end up being a very bad take if Wallace is a super awesome NBA player right out of the gate but such is the world of discussing draft prospects.)

i agree with this.. I like C. Wallace but we definitely have Suggs who has that same skill set. The shot wasn’t there yet, but it’s also no guarantee that college shooting will translate to NBA level.. 

Id rather draft Bufkin than Wallace probably. 

But i’d be disappointed because i hope we get two picks in the Top 10 and i’m not drafting either that high

8 minutes ago, orlandoholic said:

i agree with this.. I like C. Wallace but we definitely have Suggs who has that same skill set. The shot wasn’t there yet, but it’s also no guarantee that college shooting will translate to NBA level.. 

Id rather draft Bufkin than Wallace probably. 

But i’d be disappointed because i hope we get two picks in the Top 10 and i’m not drafting either that high

We can't get two picks top 10. Bulls pick is 11-14.

The lottery date snuck up on me. Just goes to show how little it matters now that our team is pretty decent

For the people on the TBN fantasy league, I've also drawn the numbers for it.