Soul Bro

2022-2023 Draft Thread

One guy I'm coming around to moving up my board is Dariq Whitehead. Great shooter at Duke but he's had some injuries that looked to have sapped some of his athleticism that made him a top 5 recruit in the country. Like he wasn't really great defensively at Duke and he really lacked explosion around the rim. 

Just been thinking though about other guys that have come through somewhat recently in that mould though.

Michael Porter Jr comes to mind, he looked like a non prospect in his (very short, injury riddled) time in college but in an NBA strength and wellness program has been much better (although continued to have some issues).

Similarly AJ Griffin last season didn't really live up to his pre college hype as this explosive primary wing after some injuries but he showed enough in college and he had a good rookie year. (Though I admit the jury is still out on him)

I feel like Dariq Whitehead might very well go into that group as a guy who has a better pro career than college career. It obviously depends on the health and having the belief from medicals that he can regain his higher end athleticism.

I imagine it'll get shot down on here because of the injury history but at 11 for me personally I think might it be worth risking taking a guy who could go top 5 in a redraft 5 years from now?

Because even if he doesn't regain that high end athleticism (which he's got a chance to do I think, he won't even be 19 on draft night and he was coming into this past season off a surgery) he's still 6'7 with a 6'9 wingspan and a great shooter. That's probably still a roleplayer in like an, absolute worst case, Tony Snell mould. Which is actually a pretty high floor and also high ceiling. 

I'm honestly talking myself into moving Dariq into my late lotto group. 

• Upvote 1

Here’s a link i want to share. It shows raw footage of several prospects. 

So this is Wembanyamas raw footage.. Just so everybody who is interested can make up his own mind. 

• Like 1

3 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Knowing the order of the lottery tomorrow is going to add spice to the mock drafts as the team needs will be factored in.

The Magic go into the lottery with a good chance to move up.....regardless if it happens or not this draft has potential everywhere.

If we get super lucky (I certainly want to be) can imagine the menu of dozens of scenarios we are going to be tasting.....before dinner is served.

And we have our first insane movement of the pre draft season!!! 

Bobi Klintman wasn't even on most mocks this time last week, KOC has moved him to 15 based, presumably, solely on intel (Because he didn't feature on any of KOCs boards so far this year). Someone promised him first round and he's shutting it down.

Here's a scouting report on him since he's been under the radar so far:

https://nbadraft.theringer.com/

KOC just updated his big board. If we presume the Klintman change is intel related then it's possible all the big changes are intel related. Bufkin, Coulibaly, Jaime Jaquez and Andre Jackson Jr feel like other big risers (anecdotally, I can't remember exactly but don't think any of the last 3 were even in the top 30 before).

Bufkin at 10. Our range. Do it Weltman.

Dariq Whitehead at 35. Our 2nd round range. Do this also. 

1 hour ago, CTMagicUK said:

https://nbadraft.theringer.com/

KOC just updated his big board. If we presume the Klintman change is intel related then it's possible all the big changes are intel related. Bufkin, Coulibaly, Jaime Jaquez and Andre Jackson Jr feel like other big risers (anecdotally, I can't remember exactly but don't think any of the last 3 were even in the top 30 before).

Bufkin at 10. Our range. Do it Weltman.

Dariq Whitehead at 35. Our 2nd round range. Do this also. 

such a deep and talented class!!!

unfortunately there is not a lot of center help on the board. Would have loved to draft a high quality rookie center as a backup to WJC..