Soul Bro

2022-2023 Draft Thread

15 hours ago, jmmagicfan said:

I’m watching FAU vs. Kansas State and I am really impressed with Markquis Nowell. I’m not sure if he will be in the draft, but I would give him a long look at 35.

Not sure a five foot 8 guy can make it in the league anymore. Disappointing that he didn’t want the last shot in the game. Not the alpha mentally a guy of his stature has to have to make it. 

I haven't watched much UConn this year so this is recency bias and looking at stats but Jordan Hawkins looks like a first round pick. He's a really good shooter. 

27 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

I haven't watched much UConn this year so this is recency bias and looking at stats but Jordan Hawkins looks like a first round pick. He's a really good shooter. 

He looks like a small Klay Thompson out there. 

19 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

He looks like a small Klay Thompson out there. 

Not sure he'll be quite as good defensively and he's definitely not as good a passer but the jumper is very very good.

7 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Yeah, it’s Victor 1, Scoot 2 and then a crapshoot 

For real. 5 years from now if you told me Wemby was the only star in this draft I wouldn't be too surprised. Conversely if you told me there were like 6 or 7 stars in this draft I think I'd also believe you. There are A LOT of guys who have very obvious flaws but that could easily be very very good players in the right development environment. 

3 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Not sure he'll be quite as good defensively and he's definitely not as good a passer but the jumper is very very good.

Klay passing is not really his best ability, so how bad is the rookie one? ;)

Wonder how much the tournament will help the stock of Isaiah Wong. I think he's draftable but haven't noticed him on a mock draft yet. 

Would make a good use of our 2nd round pick to be honest, 6'3, athletic, can shoot it. If we could get him as a UFA I'd be ecstatic but with Miami in the final 4 he's going to have potentially 2 highly visible opportunities to improve his stock. 

18 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Exactly. And he’s several inches shorter.