Soul Bro

2022-2023 Draft Thread

1 hour ago, Natesroom said:

Scoot or Gradey - Obviously Victor at 1, but i wouldn't be opposed to doing a Penny Hardaway thing for Scoot if we get 1. I also wouldn't be opposed to packaging up assets to get Scoot r even Gradey if necessary.

Not me man. Take Wemby and run for it. Him with Franz and Banchero on the floor would be devastation

45 minutes ago, J Roc Baby said:

Not me man. Take Wemby and run for it. Him with Franz and Banchero on the floor would be devastation

I said i wouldnt be opposed... lol - of course i would try first

I wonder if WeltHam will be higher on Jaime Jaquez than most (not lottery high but pick 35 high). They've historically shown interest in Mick Cronin coached prospects but Jaquez as an undersized, not super athletic 3/4 is kind of the anti WeltHam guy.

NBA draft stat-based projections, and why Scoot Henderson is nowhere near the top

10. Scoot Henderson

G League Ignite | PG
Top 100: No. 2
Stats: No. 60

Consensus: 2.3 WARP

After impressing with his development as a shooter in a pair of exhibitions against Wembanyama's Metropolitans 92 team in October, Henderson didn't play to that level against G League foes before his season was shut down on Monday. During the G League regular season, Henderson shot just 27% from 3-point range, and his 2-point accuracy slumped to 46.5% in 19 games. There's still much to like about Henderson's G League production. His projected assist rate (6.7 per 100 plays) is easily best among top-40 prospects. And Henderson is a strong defensive rebounder -- historically a positive indicator for guards. Physical playmakers have been the best bets to outperform their statistical projections. Still, Henderson's play suggests he shouldn't automatically be considered the second-best prospect after Wembanyama.

https://www.espn.com/nba/insider/story/_/id/35866633/nba-draft-stat-based-projections-top-prospects-ncaa-tournament-elsewhere

You guys that want Scoot may get him …cause he’s dropping …and I feel certain we ain’t gettin a top 3 pick .

4 minutes ago, ball junkie said:

NBA draft stat-based projections, and why Scoot Henderson is nowhere near the top

10. Scoot Henderson

G League Ignite | PG
Top 100: No. 2
Stats: No. 60

Consensus: 2.3 WARP

After impressing with his development as a shooter in a pair of exhibitions against Wembanyama's Metropolitans 92 team in October, Henderson didn't play to that level against G League foes before his season was shut down on Monday. During the G League regular season, Henderson shot just 27% from 3-point range, and his 2-point accuracy slumped to 46.5% in 19 games. There's still much to like about Henderson's G League production. His projected assist rate (6.7 per 100 plays) is easily best among top-40 prospects. And Henderson is a strong defensive rebounder -- historically a positive indicator for guards. Physical playmakers have been the best bets to outperform their statistical projections. Still, Henderson's play suggests he shouldn't automatically be considered the second-best prospect after Wembanyama.

https://www.espn.com/nba/insider/story/_/id/35866633/nba-draft-stat-based-projections-top-prospects-ncaa-tournament-elsewhere

You guys that want Scoot may get him …cause he’s dropping …and I feel certain we ain’t gettin a top 3 pick .

Pelton had Sharpe at 10 on this list for last year's draft and Paolo at 11 and *drumroll* Chet Holmgren at 1. 

Scoot isn't "dropping" because of one article. He's still top 3 basically everywhere.

Forget Scoot for now. Not saying he isn't the prospect every article tells you he his but it's tournament time. You can see players on the floor this week, instead of a guy who played in a fake league and couldn't shoot.

1 hour ago, hootie249 said:

Forget Scoot for now. Not saying he isn't the prospect every article tells you he his but it's tournament time. You can see players on the floor this week, instead of a guy who played in a fake league and couldn't shoot.

Scoot played in the G League; I think you are confusing him with the Thompson Twins who play with Overtime Elite, whose competition is frequently anything but elite. 

MARCH MADNESS TODAY - POTENTIAL PLAYERS TO BE DRAFTED BY THE MAGIC IN THE 1ST ROUND:

Gradey Dick / Kansas @ 2 PM

Brandon Miller / Alabama @ 2:45 PM

Nick Smith / Arkansas @ 4:30 PM

Anthony Black / Arkansas @ 4:30 PM

Jarace Walker / Houston @ 9:20 PM

56 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Gradey Dick has 12 points, 7 boards, 2 assists, 2 steals at the half in Kansas' first round game.

Finished with 19 points (3/5 from 3, 7/13 FG), 11 boards, 5 assists and 3 steals. 

55 minutes ago, jmmagicfan said:

Brandon Miller at the half  - 0 points, 5 boards, 1 assist, 1 block, 2 turnovers. 

Still scoreless with 6 minutes left in the game. It ultimately doesn't matter Alabama are going to win by a lot but in the week where we got a whole press push about how he could pass Scoot for #2 you kind of expected a statement.