Soul Bro

2022-2023 Draft Thread

21 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

So O'Connor and Wasserman now have the PF Walker at #5. Wow!

Such an awkward fit on this roster though with our best two players at forward... But I suppose I can't preach BPA over fit sometimes and not others. 

22 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Such an awkward fit on this roster though with our best two players at forward... But I suppose I can't preach BPA over fit sometimes and not others. 

Where was Jarace Walker ranked in the the early stages of the mocks? If you know......

1 minute ago, Albert Lergier said:

Where was Jarace Walker ranked in the the early stages of the mocks? If you know......

Just looked at the preseason mock and he was 14th on ESPN. 

14 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Just looked at the preseason mock and he was 14th on ESPN. 

Watched yesterday's UH game. I like Walker but don't love him. I think the Randle comp, with better defense and less of a refined offensive game, is a good one.

Guys i watched the Kansas game last night in the hotel i work at. Gradey Dick had an awful game. So shooters sometimes have bad games, but watching him play he seems a step slow guarding smaller players. Great effort, but might not have the lateral quickness to be decent in the NBA.

Also i was really wanting to watch Brice Sensabaugh this weekend but he was hurt the game Ohio State lost. He seems to have everything we wanted from Chuma, but Brice can shoot. He is definitely on my radar. Plus, he was born in Orlando.

45 minutes ago, hootie249 said:

Guys i watched the Kansas game last night in the hotel i work at. Gradey Dick had an awful game. So shooters sometimes have bad games, but watching him play he seems a step slow guarding smaller players. Great effort, but might not have the lateral quickness to be decent in the NBA.

Also i was really wanting to watch Brice Sensabaugh this weekend but he was hurt the game Ohio State lost. He seems to have everything we wanted from Chuma, but Brice can shoot. He is definitely on my radar. Plus, he was born in Orlando.

Brice is much worse defensively than Gradey. 

Scoot Henderson, G, G League Ignite

Best team fit: Orlando Magic

The Orlando Magic have made some strides this season. They’ve taken a step forward this season and are likely going to break the 30-win mark for the first time in three years. Paolo Banchero may end up winning the NBA’s Rookie of the Year award and there is much promise surrounding Wendell Carter Jr. and Franz Wagner. Heading into the NBA Draft, if they can land one of the top 2 prospects, this team will really be cooking with fire.

And Scoot Henderson would be a great fit for the team. The Magic may also be a great fit for Henderson. Considering the Magic needs a leader to rise in the backcourt, Henderson would be the ideal prospect. He has star potential as a guard and would give the Magic exactly what they need at the position.

Henderson would land in a spot where he could grow next to the Magic’s talented young core and really take a leadership role with the team. It would not be surprising if Henderson became the face of a franchise sooner rather than later, and that’s exactly what Orlando has been looking for since the days of Dwight Howard.

1 hour ago, Albert Lergier said:

Scoot Henderson, G, G League Ignite

Best team fit: Orlando Magic

The Orlando Magic have made some strides this season. They’ve taken a step forward this season and are likely going to break the 30-win mark for the first time in three years. Paolo Banchero may end up winning the NBA’s Rookie of the Year award and there is much promise surrounding Wendell Carter Jr. and Franz Wagner. Heading into the NBA Draft, if they can land one of the top 2 prospects, this team will really be cooking with fire.

And Scoot Henderson would be a great fit for the team. The Magic may also be a great fit for Henderson. Considering the Magic needs a leader to rise in the backcourt, Henderson would be the ideal prospect. He has star potential as a guard and would give the Magic exactly what they need at the position.

Henderson would land in a spot where he could grow next to the Magic’s talented young core and really take a leadership role with the team. It would not be surprising if Henderson became the face of a franchise sooner rather than later, and that’s exactly what Orlando has been looking for since the days of Dwight Howard.

How much higher of a ceiling do we think Scoot has over Suggs and Fultz? Which one does he replace and does he have complimentary skill sets outside of his clear scoring ability (Defense? Makes the players around him better? Etc.)

Long term you probably expect Scoot to replace Fultz, but I think he also slots neatly next to him. Definitely not the defensive force that Suggs is now and can be in the future.

Hypothetical scenario: we get lucky in the lottery and pick 3rd. We call the Wizards and they are amenable to a package based on 3 and Suggs for Beal. Do you go for that or pick Miller/ the off chance at Scoot?

11 hours ago, Jason Funderburker said:

Long term you probably expect Scoot to replace Fultz, but I think he also slots neatly next to him. Definitely not the defensive force that Suggs is now and can be in the future.

Hypothetical scenario: we get lucky in the lottery and pick 3rd. We call the Wizards and they are amenable to a package based on 3 and Suggs for Beal. Do you go for that or pick Miller/ the off chance at Scoot?

Bradley Beal is 29 and has a huge contract. You normally see guards who rely on speed start to taper off significantly at 30. I'll pass, keep Suggs, and draft a 19 year old with upside who will be part of a championship run in 3-4 years. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2