Soul Bro

2022-2023 Draft Thread

45 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

id still draft him though 

You and probably 80% of the NBA. Doesn't make it ok.

"Miles and Davis are being charged with capital murder. Miller has not been charged with any crime, and an assistant district attorney told AL.com that “there’s nothing we could charge him with,” according to the law.

Perhaps there isn’t. Perhaps bringing someone else their gun moments before it becomes a murder weapon and perhaps having your car block the path of a vehicle just before that vehicle is riddled with bullets isn’t a crime in Tuscaloosa, Alabama.

Let’s be clear, though: Even if Miller is cleared of any actual legal charges, that doesn’t mean his behavior is excusable.

This was Miller getting a request to bring a weapon to someone he had to reasonably believe had been drinking, perhaps heavily, in a crowded college bar district and doing so rather than a) not doing it, b) telling his teammate to leave rather than escalate the situation, c) driving over unarmed and picking his teammate up or d) any number of other better options — namely, anything else. Even doing nothing would have been better.

Miles was in no immediate danger. If you have time to text someone to drive a weapon over, you also have time to walk away from the conflict. This is a college town. This was in front of a bunch of college bars and late-night diners. This wasn’t a stand-your-ground situation. This was an idiot blasting bullets all over Tuscaloosa.

If anything, everyone involved — Davis, Miles, Miller, the entire University of Alabama — is lucky that only one person died that evening on The Strip. Police estimate that at least 11 bullets were fired. That’s a bunch of unsuspecting and innocent Alabama students who could’ve been killed as well.

This was a tragedy that could've been an even worse tragedy, and none of the Alabama basketball players mentioned did anything but the wrong thing that night.

What happens next is the question. Miller might be cleared legally, but the response from the university and, eventually for him, the NBA is not settled." 

https://ca.sports.yahoo.com/alabamas-brandon-miller-could-have-stopped-a-tragedy-he-didnt-235307398.html?guce_referrer=aHR0cHM6Ly93d3cuZ29vZ2xlLmNvbS8&guce_referrer_sig=AQAAAA-MJMGuhnunamggv4UEGNnsSX2hqYp7R2aGEkEsB3lklokFLSeZoY58FO3vQcGalnl1eNxToKl453Lp8sCWv1HIVZa6BB-C0AUkPU7siVwfz9lSCoZRmBXDxvoM6UMGaz3w5Yb8jngGKVnJLu4J9wizj_a08VeurkeQcIpwmP_E

• Upvote 1

This is from Miller's lawyer so it's possibly/probably bias but if what it says is true and the events have been misrepresented in the media then the only thing Miller is guilty of is having terrible choice of friends: 

1 hour ago, CTMagicUK said:

This is from Miller's lawyer so it's possibly/probably bias but if what it says is true and the events have been misrepresented in the media then the only thing Miller is guilty of is having terrible choice of friends: 

Yes, it seems Alabama and everyone around Miller are now rallying around the guy. It’ll be curious what WeltHam and Co. do. 

12 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Yes, it seems Alabama and everyone around Miller are now rallying around the guy. It’ll be curious what WeltHam and Co. do. 

I think the answer is copious amounts of background research into his character and into this situation. Only if you feel 100% he's a good kid caught up in a tragic situation because of ****ty friends/teammates do you pull the trigger. If there's even a slightest doubt in his character, that he wants to play "gangster" or will continue to surround himself with people like this, I'd drop him down the board a few picks. If there's a considerable doubt in his character I don't draft him. 

I'll say this, if he actually didn't do anything wrong I think NBA GMs will probably be impressed that with all this crazy stuff going on off the court he went out and put up 40 and hit the game winner. It takes a crazy amount of mental strength to do that. 

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

I think the answer is copious amounts of background research into his character and into this situation. Only if you feel 100% he's a good kid caught up in a tragic situation because of ****ty friends/teammates do you pull the trigger. If there's even a slightest doubt in his character, that he wants to play "gangster" or will continue to surround himself with people like this, I'd drop him down the board a few picks. If there's a considerable doubt in his character I don't draft him. 

I'll say this, if he actually didn't do anything wrong I think NBA GMs will probably be impressed that with all this crazy stuff going on off the court he went out and put up 40 and hit the game winner. It takes a crazy amount of mental strength to do that. 

I agree with this CT. Spot on mate

1 hour ago, Jason Funderburker said:

It’s weird to me that we are sitting at 5 in the draft currently. Feels like there are a lot of teams with better records that feel like worse teams

coz they are worse. from next season onwards we are championship contending sir