Soul Bro

2022-2023 Draft Thread

On 2/15/2023 at 4:35 PM, CTMagicUK said:

With that kind of jump shot (6'7" - guessing @ 6'11" wingspan) and under 20 when next NBA season starts......get him with the 2nd of the 1sts that we have.

13 hours ago, Jay Magic said:

Don't get me wrong, I think he certainly will be a generational talent, I'm just always concerned by guys who are that tall and how their body is just stretched so much over natural body structures. 

Some were worried about Chet but not Wemby? I'm still worried about Wemby's long-term health post 25 from a pure physics standpoint - no one has ever been that tall and that athletic together. Durant, Giannis, and LeBron have been the exceptions. If we get the #1 pick I'm obviously drafting him, but I'm assuming he will miss 80+ games in his first 4-5 seasons. I thought it about Zion and I think it about Wemby.

(Note I've also been wrong big time in my predictions - I saw "in the Heights" on Broadway with Lin Manuel Miranda years ago and remember leaning over to my friend, "This guy is a talented musical writer with his rap-singing, but I expect him to ride this train until it dies as - unless he writes another hit musical like this that stars him - he won't do anything in the musical world again." 3 years later he wrote and starred in a little musical called "Hamilton."... I'm hoping my basketball predictions are better than my music talent predictions!)

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Cason Wallace. Dude is not flashy but rock solid. He plays like he’s a senior in terms of his poise, and his defense and shooting are great. I could see him having a Billups type impact in the NBA. I’d be down drafting him with the Chicago pick and swinging for the fences with the other pick.