Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Magic vs Jazz - Thurs., Mar. 9th @ 7 pm

BJ, I know his has great talent, but he is not playing against NBA size. This worries me. Maybe he is the next version of KD or Chet. We need a two guard and a point guard more than anything. Also a banger down low, but Goga could be a solution to that. I don’t think Wemby fills any of those needs. Maybe it doesn’t matter cuz he’s that good and we can just out score everybody. 
More than likely a moot point cause we ain’t getting him. 

Well, even if math doesn't condemn us, that one sound like the end of our hopes. We're not playing bad, but at the same time we (players, staff, FO, everyone) doesn't seem really locked in the possibility to reach playoffs in those last weeks. It's a shame, cause I really believe that a first experience in there would have helped a lot all the young core to understand what is needed in the postseason.

We have some offensive pieces and that is enough this year. It will take coaching and hard work to be a better team. I would have loved more wins in the end but this is what the magic are right now. It's like 4 very young guys and a few vets who always get hurt or are just role players.

They will grow up. To have made the play in we would have had to have better interior defense and some out of this world offensive performances but our guys are not there yet.

They can get there.

It's tough. We're going to have to pick who we hold onto this summer, as we can't roll out two more youngsters/rookies with this current squad. Personally, I believe Harris, Anthony, and Bol are all rotation players we likely won't see back next year. Ditto with Isaac. 

5 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

It's tough. We're going to have to pick who we hold onto this summer, as we can't roll out two more youngsters/rookies with this current squad. Personally, I believe Harris, Anthony, and Bol are all rotation players we likely won't see back next year. Ditto with Isaac. 

Yeah, honestly the only guarantees to be back are Paolo and Franz. Tier 2 of most likely back is Fultz, Suggs, and Carter, and then you can pretty much flip a coin on everyone else

• Upvote 1

3 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Yeah, honestly the only guarantees to be back are Paolo and Franz. Tier 2 of most likely back is Fultz, Suggs, and Carter, and then you can pretty much flip a coin on everyone else

Heads you keep them, tails they go?  Or do they stay if you get a tails?

3 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

We disagree for one of the few times this year …Fultz tier 2 is lol …we saw the team without him …and if he stays healthy the rest of this year can’t hold health against him …Paolo shooting a team worst from 3 and he and Franz with defensive deficiencies …I don’t hold them in as high regard as most .

42 minutes ago, ball junkie said:

We disagree for one of the few times this year …Fultz tier 2 is lol …we saw the team without him …and if he stays healthy the rest of this year can’t hold health against him …Paolo shooting a team worst from 3 and he and Franz with defensive deficiencies …I don’t hold them in as high regard as most .

I agree that Fultz is def tier 1, but Franz and Paolo are absolutely keepers. If you get some 3 and D guys around that core and a legit back up for WCJ they’re probably a .500 team at worst

1 hour ago, ball junkie said:

Franz and Paulo are the future without a doubt. Both look like future starts with Paulo being one of the most obvious rookie of the years in a long time.  The entire national media drools over those two and our future with them.   Fultz and Carter are in the same tier to me.  They are high level role players that impact winning for sure but neither are going to be a star.  I would upgrade either if something nice came along.   Don’t forget Fultz is very injury prone at this point.

16 hours ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Seriously Kessler would kick Wendell’s butt down low too. Should of left Goga in. And taken Harris out. 

Late, but I agree. Wendell has problems with taller, bigger centers--all of our centers do.

I wanted Goga to play more minutes too.

The entire team has crashed or hit a wall. The Magic had a six-game winning streak when they were not fully healthy. Then in the last ten games are so, it has been WLWLWL, as JJZL has pointed out, and this is with our team being fully healthy except for Isaac.

In my opinion, Wendell should not be the starter. Yeah, he's serviceable and a backup. He is also prone to injury. We need a big-big center to match up with the Jokics, Kesslers, etc. of the NBA. We'll have to ride with Wendell until the end of the season, but I also think we should give Boga some minutes as a starter for a few of the remaining games. We won't know how it works out until we give it a try.

GO AHEAD AND GIVE ME THE DOWN VOTES! 

1 minute ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

The entire team has crashed or hit a wall. The Magic had a six-game winning streak when they were not fully healthy. Then in the last ten games are so, it has been WLWLWL, as JJZL has pointed out, and this is with our team being fully healthy except for Isaac.

In my opinion, Wendell should not be the starter. Yeah, he's serviceable and a backup. He is also prone to injury. We need a big-big center to match up with the Jokics, Kesslers, etc. of the NBA. We'll have to ride with Wendell until the end of the season, but I also think we should give Boga some minutes as a starter for a few of the remaining games. We won't know how it works out until we give it a try.

GO AHEAD AND GIVE ME THE DOWN VOTES! 

I agree we should be giving Goga some more minutes, and possibly even with trying him as a starter while WCJ is out, though I have to say Goga/Bol in together made for some pretty tough interior D. I think when WCJ is back though, you look at continuing to use Goga at backup, and use Moe more at the PF backing up Banchero. I think playing the last few minutes with Banchero being your de facto center was a HUGE mistake on the part of the coaching staff. If nothing else, you do your offensive/defensive lineup switching if you have to. Going small at the end when you've had problems containing Kessler all night was just plain dumb. 

• Upvote 3