Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Magic at Hornets - Fri., Mar. 3 @ 7 PM

nowplayinganimation4.gif

O230Yb.png

Spectrum Center - Charlotte, NC
Friday, March 3rd at 7:00 P.M.
TV:  Bally Sports FL

CnyMPI.png  20-44, 5th in Southeast Division   |   26-37, 4th in Southeast Division  H4RH1Y.png

kMhrFi.png

1wkqgA.gif

zAKTry.png

8NAQzD.gif

GET OUT OF HIS WAY!!!!

dontstopbelieving2pulsa.gif

LET'S GO!

• Upvote 1

MAGIC AND HORNETS LINEUPS

RW8DmQ.png

HORNETS LOOKING FOR OFFENSE WITH MAGIC UP NEXT

Thursday, March 2nd, 2023 4:06 PM

Game Preview

The Charlotte Hornets have concerns about offense after this week's injury pinch that has altered the available personnel.

An ideal tonic for the Hornets could be arriving Friday night, when the visiting Orlando Magic come to town.

The Magic have serious challenges on defense, giving up more than 120 points in each of their last three setbacks. That includes Wednesday night's 139-117 loss at Milwaukee.

"We have to look at it and understand where we can be better," Magic coach Jamahl Mosley. "Protecting the paint early. ... This is a resilient basketball team." 

And apparently a perturbed group as well.

"We're going to take our anger out on Charlotte," Magic guard Cole Anthony said.

The Hornets conclude a four-game homestand while the Magic will be wrapping up a three-game trip.

The Hornets had a season-high five-game winning streak end with Wednesday night's 105-91 home loss to the Phoenix Suns.

It was the first game since the season-ending ankle fracture suffered by point guard LaMelo Ball. But Ball had been out for stretches earlier this season, so playing without him is a hindrance but certainly not a rarity.

Link:  https://www.nba.com/game/orl-vs-cha-0022200946

I think the FO will be looking at moving forward without JI. My thought is you still have him on the roster, and you hope he is back in time for training camp, but you don’t guarantee him until the last possible moment, which would be January 2024. I think if he isn’t back and playing 20+ minutes from the start of the season, you think really seriously about waiving him instead of guaranteeing him. 

1 hour ago, jmmagicfan said:

I think the FO will be looking at moving forward without JI. My thought is you still have him on the roster, and you hope he is back in time for training camp, but you don’t guarantee him until the last possible moment, which would be January 2024. I think if he isn’t back and playing 20+ minutes from the start of the season, you think really seriously about waiving him instead of guaranteeing him. 

I think it’s gonna come down to free agency. If there’s a player available that’s interested that we need that extra $10 mill for, you cut him and sign that player. I’d expect if he were still on the roster opening day that we hang on to him for the season and if he has another setback or doesn’t look like he can play at the same level, we move on because for the 24-25 season none of his contract is guaranteed.