Sign in to follow this  
fan for too long 2

Magic all time pure shooters

This thread is for us to list your five best pure shooters the Magic have had. Here is mine:

Dennis Scott

Tracy Mcgrady 

Rashard Lewis

JJ Reddick 

Mike Miller 

And really that five is the only five I would say the Magic have ever had in the 34 year history of this franchise. Really telling. Also the most recent player that last played for the Magic was over a decade ago. And none of these guys were on the team for an extended period of time. 
Let that sink in. 

4 hours ago, fan for too long 2 said:

This thread is for us to list your five best pure shooters the Magic have had. Here is mine:

Dennis Scott

Tracy Mcgrady 

Rashard Lewis

JJ Reddick 

Mike Miller 

And really that five is the only five I would say the Magic have ever had in the 34 year history of this franchise. Really telling. Also the most recent player that last played for the Magic was over a decade ago. And none of these guys were on the team for an extended period of time. 
Let that sink in. 

I would add Bismack Biyombo and Bo Outlaw to the above list

16 hours ago, fan for too long 2 said:

Dennis Scott

Tracy Mcgrady 

Rashard Lewis

JJ Reddick 

Mike Miller 

Let that sink in. 

Dennis Scott played most of his career with the Magic, and the rest all played 4-5 years with us. I would possibly add Pat Garrity who had a sweet shot, and maybe Jeff Turner. 

33 minutes ago, jmmagicfan said:

Dennis Scott played most of his career with the Magic, and the rest all played 4-5 years with us. I would possibly add Pat Garrity who had a sweet shot, and maybe Jeff Turner. 

Forgot about Garrity, good one. But can we all realize how few shooters this team has had. It’s really hard to believe. And the time that has passed since we had one of these guys. Crazy!!!!

Jeff Turner maybe? Brooks Thompson lol?

Gradey Dick will be on this list one day perhaps.

I wasn’t a huge fan of Shard’s shooting, it was just fine considering how often he shot. Hedo had same/better numbers and was more clutch.  

Dennis Scott, Nick Anderson, Evan Fournier, Jameer Nelson, and Hedo Turkoglu if you go by 3 pointers made and attempted. Terrence Ross is 6th in those categories.

If you go just by 3%, it's...sad. A lot of these guys were only on the Magic for such a short period, it shouldn't even count. Cuttino Mobley, Jodie Meeks, Courtney Lee, Dennis Scott, and Brian Cook. Rashard, Redick, and Garrity are all just under them.

Cuttino Mobley shot 46.4% during his 23 games as a Magic player in 04-05.

• Upvote 1

Also looking at some of these other stats, Elfrid Payton is our franchise leader in triple doubles with 8. Turkoglu and Vucevic are under him with 3 each. 

Minutes played - Dwight Howard leads with 22,471. Nick Anderson is 2nd with 22,440. Howard beat him by 31 minutes. Nelson is 3rd with 19,038 minutes played. 

Nikola Vucevic is by far our leader in FGs made with 4490 over Anderson's 4075. Vucevic and Anderson are also by far our leaders in FGs attempted with 9003 and 8976 respectively.

9 hours ago, KCmagicFAN said:

Dennis Scott, Nick Anderson, Evan Fournier, Jameer Nelson, and Hedo Turkoglu if you go by 3 pointers made and attempted. Terrence Ross is 6th in those categories.

If you go just by 3%, it's...sad. A lot of these guys were only on the Magic for such a short period, it shouldn't even count. Cuttino Mobley, Jodie Meeks, Courtney Lee, Dennis Scott, and Brian Cook. Rashard, Redick, and Garrity are all just under them.

Cuttino Mobley shot 46.4% during his 23 games as a Magic player in 04-05.

Thanks for boosting my point. That the Magic outside shooting over the history of the franchise has been horrific. Maybe one day it will be a priority, but this present day front office doesn’t seem to give a F***!!!!!!!