Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Magic at Raptors - Tues. Feb. 14th @ 7:30 PM

Toronto was supposed to be a seller, but they made the move to improve (and seem like it's working). We were even lower than them and with more need to recover, and unfortunately we're still the same. Back to back didn't helped. Let's recover and be prepared for the last part of the season after the break.

3 hours ago, Luke_FfS said:

Toronto was supposed to be a seller, but they made the move to improve (and seem like it's working). We were even lower than them and with more need to recover, and unfortunately we're still the same. Back to back didn't helped. Let's recover and be prepared for the last part of the season after the break.

Well, Toronto was supposed to be a seller cause they’re in NBA purgatory. Not bad enough to get a good pick, not good enough to contend, a lot of older players and guys who are gonna be out of contract soon. I’d much prefer to be in the spot we’re in. We didn’t make an all in move at this deadline cause the timing isn’t right yet

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Well, Toronto was supposed to be a seller cause they’re in NBA purgatory. Not bad enough to get a good pick, not good enough to contend, a lot of older players and guys who are gonna be out of contract soon. I’d much prefer to be in the spot we’re in. We didn’t make an all in move at this deadline cause the timing isn’t right yet

That wasn't really my point that I've expressed in the last few weeks and is still... never stop improve, we had the possibility to do so and we renounced in that deadline, acting like we have no weakness or like one more useful rotation player wasn't a need to help in the quest of the playoff. Timing is always right to make some good moves, even if are not big ones, IMO.

About your focus on Toronto, they're really that old? Siakam and FVV are 28, and the other core players are even younger. They added Poelti that is 27 and fit. The two players supposed to be sold are 24 and 25, and Barnes is 21. Only one really old is Thad Young and he barely plays. I consider they're in a much better position than our mediocrity team a few season ago with Vuch&Fournier, they're just having a bad season, but they could still be dangerous coming playoff.

3 hours ago, Luke_FfS said:

That wasn't really my point that I've expressed in the last few weeks and is still... never stop improve, we had the possibility to do so and we renounced in that deadline, acting like we have no weakness or like one more useful rotation player wasn't a need to help in the quest of the playoff. Timing is always right to make some good moves, even if are not big ones, IMO.

About your focus on Toronto, they're really that old? Siakam and FVV are 28, and the other core players are even younger. They added Poelti that is 27 and fit. The two players supposed to be sold are 24 and 25, and Barnes is 21. Only one really old is Thad Young and he barely plays. I consider they're in a much better position than our mediocrity team a few season ago with Vuch&Fournier, they're just having a bad season, but they could still be dangerous coming playoff.

I’m not sure what avenues we actually had to improve last week that would’ve been worth the future sacrifice. We dangled Mo and Terrence out there and you saw what we got. Outside of the couple of blockbusters it seemed to just be second round picks being thrown around for role players. I guess Toronto could potentially make noise in the playoffs, but I see them as a 2nd round team as their absolute ceiling with losing in the play-in tournament more likely.

52 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I’m not sure what avenues we actually had to improve last week that would’ve been worth the future sacrifice. We dangled Mo and Terrence out there and you saw what we got. Outside of the couple of blockbusters it seemed to just be second round picks being thrown around for role players. I guess Toronto could potentially make noise in the playoffs, but I see them as a 2nd round team as their absolute ceiling with losing in the play-in tournament more likely.

Toronto r not even better than us whatsoever loool. 

We are tired end of.

After the all star break we are going to smoke everyone if we r healthy 

11 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

We are tired end of.

They are better than us.

They don't have as much potential as us. But if my life depended on picking a team to win a playoff game tomorrow id pick their roster not ours.

• Upvote 2

37 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

We are tired end of.

19 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

They are better than us.

They don't have as much potential as us. But if my life depended on picking a team to win a playoff game tomorrow id pick their roster not ours.

I agree with CT here. We will be better and are setup better going forward, but right now we’re not. Add in the discrepancy in Nurse vs Mosley and it’s not even particularly close right now.

20 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Poeltl is the exact kind of C that we have problems with. Size advantage over WCJ and a really strong rim protector. Hopefully something Bitadze helps with in certain match ups. Honestly think if Poeltl had been starting at C for Toronto all season they'd have 4 or 5 more wins and we wouldn't really be looking at them as a rival for the play in anyway. 

Hopefully this break does everyone some good. 

I agree. Those are my sentiments. As I watched Wendell in his attempts to guard Poeltl, I could see the size advantage because Wendell tried with all his might to stop Poeltl from scoring in the paint, but there was nothing he could do. As CT pointed out, we need a center who can help in (that kind) of match up.

Speaking of match ups . . .

q5IYDC.png

I looked up this Gonzalez guy. He was an actual wrestler and a pro basketball player. He passed away in 2010.

THE MAGIC HAD A SIZE ADVANTAGE IN THIS GUY

YCNPZR.jpg

14 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Exactly, it was a market of 2nd round picks, we've a ton of them, we could have easily obtained a decent role player to insert into the rotation, without even giving up too much. We added another second rounder instead. We're playing Mo, Bol, even Caleb right now. And don't forget how better we're since Fultz is back, the importance of a playmaker that helps the team express better, when Fultz is on the bench we're suffering a lot of times. A solid PG or C could have helped us a lot in this final run.

13 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

They are better than us.

And it's not even close at the moment. They had problems this season, we had too, but there's quite a difference in the whole roster. As fans we tend to overstimate our team, and that's normal, but for example in the last 10 we're 5-5. We're not exactly tearing the league apart in our quest for a playoff spot.

While I agree we have more potential, unfortunately potential doesn't always mean results. A lot of things has to go well to express that potential, starting from the development of Franz-Paolo, and than a lot of other pieces has to fall the right way. The other players obviously, and the moves that FO has to do will be as important. Even Franz and Paolo... we love them and rightly so, it's the best talent we had in a long time, but it's not like we have 2 LBJ in the house...

• Upvote 1

3 minutes ago, Luke_FfS said:

Exactly, it was a market of 2nd round picks, we've a ton of them, we could have easily obtained a decent role player to insert into the rotation. We're playing Mo, Bol, even Caleb right now. And don't forget how better we're since Fultz is back, the importance of a playmaker that helps the team express better, when Fultz is on the bench we're suffering a lot of times. A solid PG or C could have helped us a lot in this final run.

we have them on the team.