Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Magic vs Heat - Sat. Feb. 11th @ 7:00 PM

Suggs on ball defense as we all know lately has become his calling card …and it’s been great …Suggs off ball defense hurt us multiple times last night …guys drifting to the corner, nailing threes and Suggs losing contact which I alluded to on the game thread …Steele and Turner mentioned it also .

But yeah Suggs nailing 3’s last night with confidence is something we haven’t seen all year .

14 hours ago, Fire Weltham said:

Well that’s a wrap it’s unfortunate we let this game slip away, sure the refs didn’t help but we had this one in the bag. Mosley left that 2nd unit in for too long in the 4th we should have brought Fultz back and put Suggs in to counter their offensive blitz. 

Actually Miami did almost all their damage after we put the starters back in with about three minutes left

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

Actually Miami did almost all their damage after we put the starters back in with about three minutes left

yes they did       we should have played fultz, suggs, mo wagner, JI, and franz or paolo     the only real starter that earned his way into those final minutes was Markelle.    He was sloppy at times with the ball, but he was high scorer on the night.    I have posted before, Markelle being high scorer is not a sign of a good game.  It means others are not getting it done.

2 hours ago, JJZFL said:

2 hours ago, JJZFL said:

Which is why I suggested putting Suggs and JI back in both players who aren’t starters. Regardless Mosley should have put Fultz back in around the 5 minute mark and let him finish out the game. Can’t get back into a rhythm as fast with less than 3 minutes to go which was evident with how erratic the first unit played once they came back in to finish the game. 

6 hours ago, ball junkie said:

Suggs on ball defense as we all know lately has become his calling card …and it’s been great …Suggs off ball defense hurt us multiple times last night …guys drifting to the corner, nailing threes and Suggs losing contact which I alluded to on the game thread …Steele and Turner mentioned it also .

But yeah Suggs nailing 3’s last night with confidence is something we haven’t seen all year .

Good call, ball junkie, about "guys drifting to the corner, nailing threes". It happens in every game and it's not always Suggs who loses contact.

Too many times I've watched several of our guys trying to "help defend" on one side of the court, and as you said, a guy from the opposing team drifts to the corner on the other side of the court and nails a three.

Then one of our guys fly across the court to try stop the 3 pt. shot and it's too late.