Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Magic vs Knicks - Tues. Feb. 7 @ 700 PM

I'm so over Cole. He is too inconsistent. He had only 1 assist for a point guard and had 9 pts. in 21 minutes.

Cole was definitely playing hero ball tonight. He was attempting to score a basket in the paint surrounded by several defenders. He couldn't even see but tried to throw the ball up toward the basket anyway.

I know that Fultz had 6 assists, but he also was the high scorer with 21 pts. in 32 minutes. Fultz turned the ball over once, but otherwise, he played an outstanding game.

• Upvote 3
  • Downvote 1

i am a huge fultz fan and i thought he had 2 to  but he actually had 3

he was a bit sloppy with the ball

otherwise amazing

as i said earlier, had cole continued down the path he had been over most of the last

few games, i would have been willing to sign on with him

but he has sadly slipped back to his old ways, as you said, hero ball and even more, just

poor choices

• Upvote 1

2nd unit wasn't good this time, but they did the work the last couple of games. We didn't make the key shots (awful 3pt%) and they defende well down the stretch, those were the keys to me. 

We needed Paolo's or Franz's offense in the clutch, but they did the right movements to stop them during all the second half. 

I hate NYK too. But Jalen Freaking Brunson outclutched us tonight. Well played tho

Cole did nothing to suggest he's the cause of this loss. 3/7 shooting and 0 turnovers is hardly a disaster. What Cole has to put up 20 off the bench or he's bad? 

The team shot 6/25 from 3. New York made 9 more than us. We shoot 32% from 3 instead of 24% and we win the game. It's a cliche but sometimes it's true, it's a make or miss league. 

2 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Cole did nothing to suggest he's the cause of this loss. 3/7 shooting and 0 turnovers is hardly a disaster. What Cole has to put up 20 off the bench or he's bad? 

The team shot 6/25 from 3. New York made 9 more than us. We shoot 32% from 3 instead of 24% and we win the game. It's a cliche but sometimes it's true, it's a make or miss league. 

Hi, Did not say cole was the cause of the loss

you are correct about our overall 3pt shooting and also several times where we gave

ny not 1 but 2 or 3 offensive boards.

What i did say was he slipped back tonight to a more selfish ball, which he had not been playing over the

last few games     I wish he could stay that strong leader of the 2nd unit Cole OR be consistent enough to be the starter

and then I would love him on the team. But he does not seem to be either.

• Upvote 1

6 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

I would disagree with this statement. He was constantly losing his man on defense and then on offense he took ill advised shots instead of moving the ball to try and find a better shot for the team. Just because you think you can make a shot doesn’t mean it’s the best shot available and he is consistently forcing up bad shots. The problem is that he’s over confident which leads to bad decision making on the offensive end, if he would just play within himself he would help this team a lot more than he currently has. 

• Upvote 1

I only watched parts of the game but some of the three point attempts I saw were either rushed or contested.  Did we also miss many good looks, or were most of our three point shots low percentage to begin with?

15 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

I only watched parts of the game but some of the three point attempts I saw were either rushed or contested.  Did we also miss many good looks, or were most of our three point shots low percentage to begin with?

Most of them were low percentage either at the end of the shot clock or just heavily contested. We did miss a few open ones but not many, the ones we did hit were when we had good ball movement and the man was open for a high percentage shot. 

Heartbraking one, was risky from the start but I hoped we could won this. Hope to not regret that loss later.

As others wrote, FO will probably stay put on deadline. But I believe we really need some move, at least to improve the bench if it's not a quality player. We're improving, but we also have a long way to go, and we shouldn't refuse any kind of way to improve further.

12 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

6 hours ago, Fire Weltham said:

I would disagree with this statement. He was constantly losing his man on defense and then on offense he took ill advised shots instead of moving the ball to try and find a better shot for the team. Just because you think you can make a shot doesn’t mean it’s the best shot available and he is consistently forcing up bad shots. The problem is that he’s over confident which leads to bad decision making on the offensive end, if he would just play within himself he would help this team a lot more than he currently has. 

Thank you, Fire Weltham! I agree with everything you said.

In a post earlier in the game (I forgot which quarter), I posted that Cole kept losing his man on defense. I, along with Fire Weltham, harryfromphilly, and maybe others saw this. I also said that Cole kept trying to force shots underneath the basket, surrounded by defenders. Fire Weltham described it as Cole taking ill advised shots (which was a better way of putting it).

Brunson played Cole like a fiddle. He was able to move around Cole (leaving Cole facing Brunson's back), which allowed Brunson to dribble to the basket for an easy layup or dump the ball off to a teammate. This happens in every game Cole plays in.

In all but one game this season, Cole has lost his man on defense.

Cole played 21 minutes. And in the 4th quarter, he played way too long before Mosely decided to put Fultz in. Mosely should have subbed Cole out and put Fultz in earlier in the quarter. It would have given the Magic a better chance of winning the game.

So, yes. Cole played a big part in the Magic losing this game. The point guard is suppose to be the game manager, not the star of the game. That is why we have Franz and Paolo.

SO, GO AHEAD AND DOWN VOTE ME. I WATCHED THE GAME, I KNOW WHAT I SAW!

• Like 1
  • Upvote 2