Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Magic vs Bulls - Sat. Jan. 28th @ 7:00 PM

I’m fuming on this one. We had it cut down to 5, a clear spot to call a timeout and reload. Admiral and Bol weren’t contributing anything meaningful and you have young stars on your bench. Mosley cost us a great comeback

• Upvote 2

1 minute ago, All Eyes On Me said:

I’m fuming on this one. We had it cut down to 5, a clear spot to call a timeout and reload. Admiral and Bol weren’t contributing anything meaningful and you have young stars on your bench. Mosley cost us a great comeback

I hear ya. 

8 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

You just can’t play guys that are used to small busts 16 straight minutes to end a game and expect it to succeed. Especially hustle guys like Moe and Suggs, they’re gonna run out of gas. I understand they got us back in the game and I commend them for that, but this comeback falling short is one the coach

Was just coming here to post the same thing …Steele and company saying it also 

Edit …I was waiting for him to reload but never happened 

• Upvote 1

10 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

You just can’t play guys that are used to small bursts 16 straight minutes to end a game and expect it to succeed. Especially hustle guys like Moe and Suggs, they’re gonna run out of gas. I understand they got us back in the game and I commend them for that, but this comeback falling short is on the coach

I repeated my doubts about coach rotation choices so many times that I'm tired to insist on that... but really, even if some of those players got us back in the game, there's a point in which you have to put back at least a couple starters. Almost look like a tank move.

So disappointing, every time we have to send a message about being serious about play-ins, we just come out flat. A lot of good signs with individual performances, but as a team and with the coaching we're still far away.

17 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

You just can’t play guys that are used to small bursts 16 straight minutes to end a game and expect it to succeed. Especially hustle guys like Moe and Suggs, they’re gonna run out of gas. I understand they got us back in the game and I commend them for that, but this comeback falling short is on the coach

I dunno. If he put them in and we lost anyway people would say he should have stuck with what was working and he always does the same rotations no matter what.  He would probably be criticized when we didn’t win regardless of what he did. Not like the starters had been playing well.  I think some of these critiques have the benefit of hindsight.  

9 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

I dunno. If he put them in and we lost anyway people would say he should have stuck with what was working and he always does the same rotations no matter what.  He would probably be criticized when we didn’t win regardless of what he did. Not like the starters had been playing well.  I think some of these critiques have the benefit of hindsight.  

Serious question. What successful NBA teams have ever played a bench lineup 16 minutes in a row? You don’t even play starters together 16 minutes in a row at any point. Would a lineup change have guaranteed a W? Of course not. But it would’ve at least given us a punchers chance.