Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Magic at Jazz - Friday, January 13th @ 9:00 pm

Terrible officiating our guys got hacked a lot going to the rim add that to Kessler doing his best Mutombo which caused them to either go too hard off the glass or leave their shots short off the front of the rim.

Everyone says this team needs a reliable scoring two guard and I agree but getting out rebounded by twenty and giving up so many easy lay ups tells us we still need  some sort of bad a$$ stopper in the front court, maybe Issac if he gets back can be that guy because Bamba and Moe Wag sure aren't.  

1 hour ago, Spaceman said:

Terrible officiating our guys got hacked a lot going to the rim add that to Kessler doing his best Mutombo which caused them to either go too hard off the glass or leave their shots short off the front of the rim.

Everyone says this team needs a reliable scoring two guard and I agree but getting out rebounded by twenty and giving up so many easy lay ups tells us we still need  some sort of bad a$$ stopper in the front court, maybe Issac if he gets back can be that guy because Bamba and Moe Wag sure aren't.  

I was working but a guy on reddit said Bamba came in and was effective until the missed free throw rebound. Checking the box score he only played 12 minutes. I have time so i will watch the replay of the game today. The thing is we still have weird rotations and these guys still are not sure of their roles. If Bamba is ever going to live up to that hype he has to dominate if we play him 30 minutes in a game. So far, the last 4 years he hasn't. My hope is another team see's he is not used correctly here. In that way he has value. I don't think he is ever going to make it with us, maybe he needs another team. The games we play him a ton he simply spends too much time away from the basket. And the reduced minutes tell me the plan is to send him onwards. 

• Upvote 1

11 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Y'know what feels nice? To be genuinely annoyed by a loss and not just apathetic to it. This teams still headed in the right direction. A season a go a game with that FT disparity is a blow out. 

This.

Also agree on Bamba errors, but why he was there in the final plays of the game, considering he has been in and out of the rotation recently? Coach has no better options? Also hard for me to understand how Franz was seen as a SG, but ends playing PF a lot of times with the second unit.

looking closer at the stats. We still need our bigs to be better on the glass and we still need to address backup Center, but last night the discrepancy in rebounds was so out of control because nobody on the team bothered to box out Jordan Clarkson. Career average of 3.3 rebounds a game and we let him get 12 last night. Also a guy like Agbaji coming in averaging under 2 boards a game for his career and we let him get 5. We have a pretty serious team rebounding issue over the last several games.