Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Magic@Kings - Mon. Jan. 9, 2023 at 10:00 pm

6 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Bol is great as a gadget player and he serves his purpose well when he can play in the right role, we’ve just been forced to use him more inside than I’d like. He’s a great shot blocker, but he’s a horrible defender. I think he’s perfect as a 7th/8th man off the bench that you can ride when he gets hot and take advantage of matchups but you have an option to pull when he’s having one of his bad games.

7th or 8th man off the bench? Oh come on, Bol is not a center anyway. He can play center in a pinch, but he is mainly a power forward.

Edit: Remember when Shaq was the center and Horace Grant played power forward for the Magic, Shaq was the rim protector, not Horace.

10 minutes ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Cole was a -34 tonight… Woof

I was just coming here to post that …nobody else on the team close to that …and he got the second most minutes …TrueMagicFan07 and you are up to something 

I know you all think that I'm a Cole hater. It's nothing personal, but Cole is not a good defender. He gets lost on the defensive end.

Edit: In my opinion, Cole played a lot of minutes tonight because he is being showcased for a trade. :)

Love Mo B and Cole but the time has come to move them on or keep them glued to the bench. Even if Coles shooting percentage wasn’t so bad he would still contribute to losing basketball as he is such a liability on defense. Bamba too. Chuma has regressed on the offensive end but at least he’s a great defender. Keep him. 

• Upvote 1

If a team hits 23 3s you lose. End of story. On to the next one. 

RollerColestar rumbles on. He either has a terrible game or a great game. I'd honestly settle for just 10 points and 4 assists on solid efficiency more often. That's always going to be the problem for a guy who was the #1 prospect in the country and then the number 1 option in college, he's always going to believe he can be more, be the hero etc. It's going to be a huge test of Cole's mentality (should he remain here long term - although honestly wherever he goes he'll need to face this) to accept that he's not that guy. On this team, there's no way he should take the most shots in any game (unless he's really got the hot hand). 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

But we're letting them hitting 3's a little too much, as other members pointed out in the past days/weeks.

Also, conceded 40+ points in first quarter again, that's another big issue.

7 hours ago, JJZFL said:

Sorry you stayed up to watch it

Haha thanks...i went to sleep at halftime though. Last night was abysmal 

4 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

If a team hits 23 3s you lose. End of story. On to the next one. 

RollerColestar rumbles on. He either has a terrible game or a great game. I'd honestly settle for just 10 points and 4 assists on solid efficiency more often. That's always going to be the problem for a guy who was the #1 prospect in the country and then the number 1 option in college, he's always going to believe he can be more, be the hero etc. It's going to be a huge test of Cole's mentality (should he remain here long term - although honestly wherever he goes he'll need to face this) to accept that he's not that guy. On this team, there's no way he should take the most shots in any game (unless he's really got the hot hand). 

I hope we clean up this roster at the trade deadline. It’s clear Franz and Paulo are the guys we need to build around. The rest need to find their roles around them.

1 hour ago, Soul Bro said:

I hope we clean up this roster at the trade deadline. It’s clear Franz and Paulo are the guys we need to build around. The rest need to find their roles around them.

Yeah, some guys got way too long of a leash. When Cole is on, he’s the perfect 6th man. When he’s off, he’s unplayable. The kicker there is part of being the perfect 6th man is consistency.

9 hours ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

7th or 8th man off the bench? Oh come on, Bol is not a center anyway. He can play center in a pinch, but he is mainly a power forward.

Edit: Remember when Shaq was the center and Horace Grant played power forward for the Magic, Shaq was the rim protector, not Horace.

Shaq and Horace also weighed about twice what Bol does lol… 

there might have been confusion in my initial post, I typed Bol as the 7th/8th man off the bench, I meant 7th/8th man in the rotation, so 2nd/3rd off the bench. By no means am I trying to say Bol is a bottom of the bench guy