Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Magic@Kings - Mon. Jan. 9, 2023 at 10:00 pm

7 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

If a team hits 23 3s you lose. End of story. On to the next one. 

RollerColestar rumbles on. He either has a terrible game or a great game. I'd honestly settle for just 10 points and 4 assists on solid efficiency more often. That's always going to be the problem for a guy who was the #1 prospect in the country and then the number 1 option in college, he's always going to believe he can be more, be the hero etc. It's going to be a huge test of Cole's mentality (should he remain here long term - although honestly wherever he goes he'll need to face this) to accept that he's not that guy. On this team, there's no way he should take the most shots in any game (unless he's really got the hot hand). 

Can we talk too about the team defense? Not good at all for 85%-90% of the whole season.

Sometimes I wonder if it's the players or the coaches schemes that makes this team one of the worst defensive teams in the league.

Who is the main defensive coach, do you know?

How many coaches do we have and their roles, do you know?

6 minutes ago, Albert Lergier said:

Can we talk too about the team defense? Not good at all for 85%-90% of the whole season.

Sometimes I wonder if it's the players or the coaches schemes that makes this team one of the worst defensively teams in the league.

Who is the main defensive coach, do you know?

How many coaches do we have and their roles, do you know?

what happened to the days of coach and Asst Coach and that was all... now we have C, AssC, OffC, DefC, S&C Coach, Practice Coach....

12 hours ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

Edit: In my opinion, Cole played a lot of minutes tonight because he is being showcased for a trade. :)

I doubt that but if it’s true, his -34 performance certainly didn’t do his trade value any favors.  

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Franchise408 said:

Why are we talking about trading Cole?

Franchise408, I know you were at the game the other night. Here is the thing: How many games has the Magic played? I've seen all of the games. When we lose, especially by double digits, there is a problem with the team collectively not playing defense. I will admit that every now and then the TEAM plays bad defense, but in just about every game I've watched, Cole has been terrible each and every game on the defensive end. He cannot stay in front of his man. As the point guard he shouldn't be letting the man he's guarding outmaneuver him. There are a number of times the man he has been guarding is quicker and is able to swing around Cole to make a layup or dump a ball off to a teammate for a dunk.

We need a backup point guard who can both shoot, also be a good defender and can be relied upon to take over if Kelle goes down again with an injury and not be a liability on defense. How long are we going to wait for Cole to improve and be above average on both ends of the floor.

Cole has a tendency, when it appears that the Magic might lose a game, he makes it worse by playing hero ball.  As CTMagicUK mentioned, "It's going to be a huge test of Cole's mentality (should he remain here long term - although honestly wherever he goes he'll need to face this) to accept that he's not that guy." In my opinion, as long as Cole is on this team, he is not going to accept that he is not that guy. Therefore, I believe as long as Cole is on this team, there will be trouble in paradise going forward as far as the Magic remaining stagnant 4 or 5 more years. 

• Upvote 3

9 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

Shaq and Horace also weighed about twice what Bol does lol… 

there might have been confusion in my initial post, I typed Bol as the 7th/8th man off the bench, I meant 7th/8th man in the rotation, so 2nd/3rd off the bench. By no means am I trying to say Bol is a bottom of the bench guy 

Bol's a small forward period. He's not a paint defender & Sabonis has been eating our lunch every game we've played against him since we drafted him and traded his rights away for the kid with an Osprey nest on his head.

7 hours ago, DirtDan2012 said:

Bol's a small forward period. He's not a paint defender & Sabonis has been eating our lunch every game we've played against him since we drafted him and traded his rights away for the kid with an Osprey nest on his head.

We traded Sabonis for Serge Ibaka. 

3 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

We traded Sabonis for Serge Ibaka. 

Or the right of the pick if i remember correctly? Not sure we were going to pick Sabonis, I mean, if the pick was our own.