TrueMagicFan07

Magic vs Wizards -Friday., Dec. 30th @ 7 pm

7 hours ago, hootie249 said:

Going back to the trade when the Ibaka experiment failed, what a debacle. Henny traded for a non star on a one year contract, mistake number one.Then knowing he is probably going to lose him trades him to Toronto. While Ibaka is not a star, he is in his prime and helped Toronto win a chip.

So what does he get? Well first the Raptors have two first round picks in the next draft. So Henny gets the later pick. It was later traded away by Welt/Ham. The rumor is they didn't want to pick anyone in that spot because OG Anunoby was already gone. Picked two spots earlier by those pesky Raptors who wouldn't give us that first for Ibaka. 

Then he gets to negotiate a player in return. We got Ross, who at the time had the same player profile he does to this day. Streaky shooter who doesn't pass,rebound or defend. Look it up it's on his draft profile and player comps. 

Players we didn't get; Pascal Siakam.....a player i remember a ton of people on this forum wanted. And he was a rookie.

Norman Powell, another guard that at least developed into a better player. His best years were much more consistent then Ross. I think i wanted him, hard to remember.

Jacob Poeltl. We were trading them Ibaka, a small ball center. It stands to reason we could have gotten a center back. Oh but we had two already thanks to that awful Biyombo signing. Who became a free agent after his epic run in the playoffs.....in Toronto. They let him go because they had Jonas and Poeltl. Those two were involved in the trades for Gasol and Kawhi. Maybe if we had got Jacob back we never draft Bamba and go for a point guard instead.

Speaking of point guards we still had ***** all for one on that team. Meanwhile Toronto had three of them and then got an undrafted player named Vanvleet. Sure Corey Joseph and Delon Wright would not have changed the buddy ball team much, but honestly would have been better. Ross was great on that one playoff team as a 6th man, but he didn't allow Gordon or even Vucevic to develop. Wright and Delon are still kicking it in the league. Meanwhile Ross has been useless since 2019 and DJ had that one good year and has been useless or out of the league. 

To make it short, Toronto's Gm took us to school. Ross sucks. Too many games he has had to show anything the last two years, he could be on a playoff team but can't even bother to have one or two good games. 

Rant over.

Great post. 100% bang on. I just can’t watch him anymore, he must suck to play with. He’s the worst type of vet to have with a young developing team, doesn’t pass, plays zero defence and jacks up the worst shots early in the shot clock. People been asking to trade him for years, but I don’t think any team has been willing to trade for him. And why would they? He’s in “the worst player in the league” territory now. TBH he prob has been since 2019. Just get him off the team in any way possible please Weltham. 

• Like 1