TrueMagicFan07

Magic vs Spurs - Fri., Dec. 23, 2022 @ 7 pm

1 hour ago, Natesroom said:

I think cole suffers from bipolar Bball Skills. Some nights hes super on and others he's like the worst player ever. It could just be early season jitters or experiance..maybe by year 4 and 5 he will super sub efficient.

I agree. Cole has shown flashes, but he is not consistent.

Was at the game and sat next to Cole Anthony’s mother, siblings and step father. 

Really nice people and his young siblings had extremely high BBIQ’s for their age. 

You could definitely tell basketball is being taught/talked about frequently in that family. 

1 hour ago, Jay Magic said:

We have the best bench in the league 

I don't know about that Jay. There are a few other teams whose bench, when healthy, are better shooters and defenders than the Magic's bench.  I give the Magic's bench credit for not losing games, but they are not the best in the league.

2 hours ago, Jay Magic said:

I dont want no more Cole slander.

He does well and the usual suspects are quiet

When he has a not so good game or average they are out in force.

Cole is starter talent. If he can embrace 6th man role. We then have the best 6th man in the entire league

I didn’t slander if you were trying to call me out. He shows flashes of brilliance, like tonight. Maybe he is maturing, idk. He also shows flashes of a selfish and a low bb player. It’s up to him to evolve into the player he can be. Will he get there ever? Who knows. Do you?  

there many players that have starter talent. This does not make them starters. Especially on a playoff type team. 

• Upvote 1

18 minutes ago, fan for too long 2 said:

I didn’t slander if you were trying to call me out. He shows flashes of brilliance, like tonight. Maybe he is maturing, idk. He also shows flashes of a selfish and a low bb player. It’s up to him to evolve into the player he can be. Will he get there ever? Who knows. Do you?  

there many players that have starter talent. This does not make them starters. Especially on a playoff type team. 

Fan for too long 2, you're not the only one that's been critical of Cole. I stand by my criticisms of him. In a previous post, I also mentioned that he shows flashes of having an outstanding night in a game, but as others have also said, there are nights where Cole is terrible. 

I don't care if I get down voted, I stand by my opinion and what I see. Maybe he will become more consistent, but we shall see.

Edit:  I give credit where credit is due. Cole played well tonight. But there are games where what he does is cringeworthy.

• Upvote 1

What an incredible 4th quarter. We just shot the lights out. 

Great to get WCJ and Gary Harris back and only need to play them 20 mins each. 

Cole with a near triple double. Good for him. Hopefully he can keep up this level of play. 

10 hours ago, ball junkie said:

Ok so you guys know how many of you have continually complained about the lack of outside shooting from this team .

Call it a coincidence if u want …but since Fultz came back we are now up to number 22 in the league instead of dead last where the Magic have languished for the last multiple years ….in 3 point shooting 

https://www.espn.com/nba/stats/team/_/table/offensive/sort/threePointPct/dir/desc

Also mostly coincides with Bamba coming back.  We’re 8-1 since Bamba returned and he has been shooting the three really well.  

5 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

What an incredible 4th quarter. We just shot the lights out. 

Great to get WCJ and Gary Harris back and only need to play them 20 mins each. 

Cole with a near triple double. Good for him. Hopefully he can keep up this level of play. 

I was surprised they put WCJ back in to finish out the game during garbage time, especially if they only wanted him to play very limited minutes.  I wonder if he requested some extra time out there for conditioning or something?

24 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

I was surprised they put WCJ back in to finish out the game during garbage time, especially if they only wanted him to play very limited minutes.  I wonder if he requested some extra time out there for conditioning or something?

Yea I think the conditioning thing is a real possibility. 

9 hours ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

Fan for too long 2, you're not the only one that's been critical of Cole. I stand by my criticisms of him. In a previous post, I also mentioned that he shows flashes of having an outstanding night in a game, but as others have also said, there are nights where Cole is terrible. 

I don't care if I get down voted, I stand by my opinion and what I see. Maybe he will become more consistent, but we shall see.

Edit:  I give credit where credit is due. Cole played well tonight. But there are games where what he does is cringeworthy.

I am not a Cole person either but a glass half full for his career is Fred Vanvleet.  He could be our small guard bench scorer that can start but isn’t a full time starter on a contender. It always comes down to Anthony’s shot. He is shooting it good this year finally. All that being said I don’t want to pay him Jalen Brunson money ever. 

10 hours ago, MagicFanDan said:

Was at the game and sat next to Cole Anthony’s mother, siblings and step father. 

Really nice people and his young siblings had extremely high BBIQ’s for their age. 

You could definitely tell basketball is being taught/talked about frequently in that family. 

Good to hear they're good, smart people! Would love to see Cole consistently make decisions that show a high BBIQ. I think he has it but tries to do too much. If he plays within himself, he'll be a long time player in this league.