Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Magic at Hawks - Monday, Dec. 19th @ 7:30 PM

Just now, Fire Weltham said:

Not sure why we didn’t draw up a play going towards the basket, no need for a contested 3 there. 

I agree. I was thinking the same thing. I said to myself "attack the basket and draw a foul."

3 minutes ago, Forumreader said:

Wtf was that foul and no challenge

It was clearly a foul on Banchero he didn’t give Murray any room to land on his jumper. If we would have challenged the call we would have be unsuccessful and lost our final timeout so it was actually a smart move by coach. Not so smart defense by Paolo. 

1 minute ago, Fire Weltham said:

It was clearly a foul on Banchero he didn’t give Murray any room to land on his jumper. If we would have challenged the call we would have be unsuccessful and lost our final timeout so it was actually a smart move by coach. Not so smart defense by Paolo. 

But Paolo went straight up with his arms straight up. He's not allowed to leave the floor?

5 minutes ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

But Paolo went straight up with his arms straight up. He's not allowed to leave the floor?

It doesn’t matter he needs to give the jump shooter space to land and he didn’t so that’s a foul 10/10 times. They implemented that rule a few years ago because Zaza Pachulia used to do it all the time to shooters and they would get hurt because he wouldn’t give them any space to land after a jump shot. It’s an unfortunate way to lose the game that’s for sure. 

Paolo won't forget this foul. It's a rookie mistake and one he won't make again. Better learn it now than when we're fighting in a playoff game. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

Just now, TreyMachine said:

Paolo won't forget this foul. It's a rookie mistake and one he won't make again. Better learn it now than when we're fighting in a playoff game. 

5 minutes ago, Fire Weltham said:

It doesn’t matter he needs to give the jump shooter space to land and he didn’t so that’s a foul 10/10 times. 

But Trey and Fire Weltham, I'm not going to argue with you 2 because you know more about basketball than I do. But I have watched games where players did the same thing as Paolo--some going up to block a shot--and fouls were not called. I'm saying the defenders jumped up to try to block the shot, and their body was close to the person attempting to make a layup.

19 minutes ago, TrueMagicFan07 said:

But Trey and Fire Weltham, I'm not going to argue with you 2 because you know more about basketball than I do. But I have watched games where players did the same thing as Paolo--some going up to block a shot--and fouls were not called. I'm saying the defenders jumped up to try to block the shot, and their body was close to the person attempting to make a layup.

I hear you but players need to understand what the rules are no matter if refs are inconsistent with how they officiate games. As Magic fans we know we hardly get the whistle to go in our favor so we need to be disciplined in situations like these. Like Trey said though I know Paolo won’t forget this foul and he will make sure it doesn’t happen again. You could tell his was upset with himself after the game and that right there shows growth.