Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

MagicVsHawks - Wed., Dec. 14th @ 7 pm

2 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Also, I'm more critical of Bol Bol than most. I don't really believe he can defend at a high enough level to be a major part of playoff basketball. But there is something about seeing a 7'2 super skinny guy doing the most unbelievable stuff on a basketball court that gives this team and the Amway crowds energy. And you can't really capture that in stats either. 

Absolutely. He would be a huge liability on a playoff series, but he's so fun to watch...

1 hour ago, JJZFL said:

It may not be more than a coincidence, but the winning streak began when Bamba returned from his injury.  We’re 4-0 since he’s back.  And here we all thought Carter was the missing piece.  

Thats interesting I'd not realised that. I'm tempted to lean more on the side of coincidence. Or perhaps not coincidence as much as just having anyone who could play backup C and not having to play Bol there is a huge benefit. 

2 hours ago, JJZFL said:

It may not be more than a coincidence, but the winning streak began when Bamba returned from his injury.  We’re 4-0 since he’s back.  And here we all thought Carter was the missing piece.  

Markelle and Cole are keys in this 4 game winning streak too.....even though Markelle is still going thru his training camp in real NBA games.

So I’m loving the Franz at the 2 guard thing …and he’s certainly been lighting it up …Suggs needs to bring his helter skelter, inconsistent, low percentage from 3, injury prone self off the bench if he ever returns .

Thoughts ?

3 hours ago, Luke_FfS said:

Absolutely. He would be a huge liability on a playoff series, but he's so fun to watch...

Maybe? Maybe not? But we need to do all we can to develop this man and improve his defensive side. His offensive prowess is almost unmatched in the league. It’s amusing that there is still some negativity on Bol, he’s basically a rookie. He has his warts sure, but what if he was a good defender? He would then be a better Giannis right? Let’s ride the bumps with him because if he keeps improving he can be a legit big 3 with Franz and Paolo. Then we also going to have former top 5,6 picks etc  as role players off the bench. It’s wild when you think of it. We’re about to be loaded as hell as soon as next year. 

• Like 1
  • Upvote 1

52 minutes ago, ball junkie said:

So I’m loving the Franz at the 2 guard thing …and he’s certainly been lighting it up …Suggs needs to bring his helter skelter, inconsistent, low percentage from 3, injury prone self off the bench if he ever returns .

Thoughts ?

100% agree

• Upvote 1

Lol …so I went to the bathroom during the 2nd quarter and while there I heard this loud noise crowd reaction …similar to to like a walk off grand slam or a game winning touchdown …I was like, what the heck just happened …everybody in the arena going crazy about Bol Bol lol …dude is something else when he gets going downhill with all those arms and legs haha …LOVE IT !

• Upvote 2

15 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Also, I'm more critical of Bol Bol than most. I don't really believe he can defend at a high enough level to be a major part of playoff basketball. But there is something about seeing a 7'2 super skinny guy doing the most unbelievable stuff on a basketball court that gives this team and the Amway crowds energy. And you can't really capture that in stats either. 

Bol is Chet/Victor light on a very team friendly contract. If we could teach him to play decent defense and not turn it over so much when he drives, he will be even more amazing!

• Upvote 1

14 hours ago, MagicFanDan said:

Markelle is a difference maker. I can’t wait for Wendell and Jalen to be back. 

fultz

suggs

Franz

Paolo

Wendell.

Fultz-Suggs-RJ

Franz-Cole-G Harris-K Harris

Bol-TRoss-Caleb

Paolo-Chuma-Schofield

WCJ-Mo Wagner-Bol

IMO Suggs hasn't shown enough shooting to start at the 2 yet.

1 hour ago, ball junkie said:

Thoughts ?

Will be part of the 2nd unit....instead of T Ross substituting for Franz in the 1st Q, it will be Suggs.

7 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Any chance that you can get the +/- of the Magic players? Can't find an advance stats site......thanks.

1 hour ago, harley said:

Maybe? Maybe not? But we need to do all we can to develop this man and improve his defensive side. His offensive prowess is almost unmatched in the leagueIt’s amusing that there is still some negativity on Bol, he’s basically a rookie. He has his warts sure, but what if he was a good defender? He would then be a better Giannis right? Let’s ride the bumps with him because if he keeps improving he can be a legit big 3 with Franz and Paolo. Then we also going to have former top 5,6 picks etc  as role players off the bench. It’s wild when you think of it. We’re about to be loaded as hell as soon as next year. 

^^^This

• Upvote 1