TrueMagicFan07

Magic vs Clippers - Wed., Dec. 7th @ 7:00 pm

19 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

Guy is an offensive machine. I've been simping for Mo Wagner for a long time, just would love to see him play better defense

He doesn't work as a starter long term because he isn't good enough defensively and his jumper isn't consistent enough but as a bench 4/5 I love him. 

55 minutes ago, MagicMan1979 said:

I was thinking about him and his contract going forward also. What do The Magic do with him? He has been very productive this year but his health is still a concern. 

I honestly don't know we've got him at basically the minimum for next season too but if he stays healthy and keeps up this level of play who knows what we'll have to pay him the summer after next. 

5 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

I honestly don't know we've got him at basically the minimum for next season too but if he stays healthy and keeps up this level of play who knows what we'll have to pay him the summer after next. 

3yr/10 mil might be worth it with a 3rd yr team option.. (unless thats lower then vet min) I like him and i bet you playing with his bro is big time discount- any team offering 3/15mil might not be enough incentive to move on, but a 3/20mil might be to hard to pass up

3 minutes ago, Natesroom said:

3yr/10 mil might be worth it with a 3rd yr team option.. (unless thats lower then vet min) I like him and i bet you playing with his bro is big time discount- any team offering 3/15mil might not be enough incentive to move on, but a 3/20mil might be to hard to pass up

The post you're quoting is talking about Bol not Mo Wagner.

I love Bol Bol so much! You can criticize him whatever way you want, but a player his height, along with his thin body, I love watching him forcing his way to the basket (with 3 opponents tugging at him).  It's like he is saying, "you had better get out of my way, I'm coming at you. Then he finishes.

It's often unexpected. And when he takes off and finishes, I'm going "ooh!"    sA9rM4.png

5 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

The post you're quoting is talking about Bol not Mo Wagner.

lol...ok if he stays healthy Bol Bol i would either lockdown a 4 yr contract with JI style clauses or offer him a 3yr/30mil if his production as it stands now continues all the way through the season with team option for 3

5 hours ago, Natesroom said:

lol...ok if he stays healthy Bol Bol i would either lockdown a 4 yr contract with JI style clauses or offer him a 3yr/30mil if his production as it stands now continues all the way through the season with team option for 3

It's difficult because we won't just be bidding against ourselves he'll be an unrestricted free agent. But we also don't want to over pay for someone with injury risk and who probably isn't a starter on a great team (not without significant defensive improvement anyway). At least the 2 years is a pretty good sample size rather than having to make this decision after just 1 year. We can't extend him either I don't think. I wonder if we could renegotiate his deal this summer to give him a marginal pay bump as a show of good will to hopefully keep him sweet for when his free agency hits the summer after. (If my understanding is correct we could renegotiate to give him an 8% pay rise which would take him from 2.2 mil to like 2.38m)

I can honestly say of all the things I thought I'd be talking about, what to pay Bol Bol in the future wasn't something on my radar so props to him for his improvement. 

3 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

It's difficult because we won't just be bidding against ourselves he'll be an unrestricted free agent. But we also don't want to over pay for someone with injury risk and who probably isn't a starter on a great team (not without significant defensive improvement anyway). At least the 2 years is a pretty good sample size rather than having to make this decision after just 1 year. We can't extend him either I don't think. I wonder if we could renegotiate his deal this summer to give him a marginal pay bump as a show of good will to hopefully keep him sweet for when his free agency hits the summer after. (If my understanding is correct we could renegotiate to give him an 8% pay rise which would take him from 2.2 mil to like 2.38m)

I can honestly say of all the things I thought I'd be talking about, what to pay Bol Bol in the future wasn't something on my radar so props to him for his improvement. 

I agree he came out of no where this year. Perhaps he could be in a trade as a very nice sweetener as well. 

On 12/8/2022 at 8:16 AM, ball junkie said:

Lol I just made the argument with my son he’s a better fit than WCJ …he’s a threat from 3 …sets up out there …opens up the paint better for Banchero …has great chemistry with his brother …plays with passion as mentioned already .

My son said go ahead and post that and watch everyone call you a loony toon lol .

Admittedly I haven’t watched the Magic a ton …was not sure how adept Carter is at the 3 but I see him constantly in the paint area so you can understand my reasoning .

Here's the thing... Our record proves how much we miss WCJ. He's such an anchor as a very solid two-way center. Plus, he's still really young. That's not to take away from MW, as I love the guy. He's been a good find by WeltHam.

5 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

Here's the thing... Our record proves how much we miss WCJ. He's such an anchor as a very solid two-way center. Plus, he's still really young. That's not to take away from MW, as I love the guy. He's been a good find by WeltHam.

Not like we were winning many games with WCJ but I guess we lost 10 in a row without him.  

30 minutes ago, JJZFL said:

Not like we were winning many games with WCJ but I guess we lost 10 in a row without him.  

Wendell Carter Jr is the most important player for this team. The drop off in defense and rebounding he provides compared to anyone who'd replace his minutes is CONSIDERABLE. 

• Upvote 1