Sign in to follow this  
TrueMagicFan07

Magic vs 76ers_6:00 PM on Sunday, Nov. 27th

1 minute ago, Natesroom said:

I guess if markelle travels with the team tonight to Brooklyn maybe tomorrow?

Mosley already ruled him out for tomorrow. Said they’re gonna give him a few more days. The earliest we’ll see him is Wednesday vs ATL

Here are some questions I wish reporters would ask WeltHam:

1. How do you measure success with this year and team?

2. If you could grade our medical and training staff, what grade would you assign them and why?

3. What does professional accountability look like for you in your roles?

• Upvote 1

Luckily took a late Sunday nap and overslept so I missed this debacle.  It’s still on now but we’re down 30 so no point turning it on

10 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

We still have 3/4 of the season left, and I never expected Isaac back anyway. Sounds like the only people ruled out for tonight at the moment are Cole and JI, and Cole should be back in a week. 

I still don’t like how we handle injuries, and I’m super nervous that the “bug” will pile up again, but we might actually get to see what a full strength version of this team looks like soon. I hope they don’t do the next 20 games of Kelle as some sort of off the bench pitch count BS, but they probably will.

9 hours ago, JJZFL said:

Five others are “questionable” including Fultz, Carter and Suggs, but yeah, appears we’re moving (slowly) in the right direction from an injury standpoint.  

3 hours ago, All Eyes On Me said:

In case anyone had their hopes up

I don’t recall seeing anyone listed as “questionable” ever actually play for the Magic this season.  Questionable basically means “out”

• Like 1

We got destroyed by a team without Harden,Embiid and Maxey.......at home! Wow, truly this is the low point of the season so far.

This is rough for me and i can actually see this team starting to win and playing better after Christmas. I just don't think i will care by then. I'll be looking at https://www.tankathon.com/ by then.

I know we will be much better later but this is what you get when you ignore all the problems. Tank level coach, questionable hustle allowed forever, phantom injuries,G league talent. 

A team missing it's top 2 point guards still has better ball handlers then our team. A team missing it's stars lead by the one player who looking back, probably was the best player we had during our rebuild. Seriously it's a toss up between Vucevic or Tobias. Certainly Tobias has had the more successful career, made more money. Everyone else was a joke. Oladipo always injured,Gordon the posterboy for average starter, Evan benched in Boston and now New York.

Actually i take that back, the Draft rights to Domantas Sabonis might be the best player we had but really didn't have. He would have made an awesome Magician too. Puts up empty stats, not a winner. 

Rant over.

Edited, yes we were destined to lose without Suggs,Cole,Fultz. Tired of waiting for them to be healthy. Trade them all away for players that can stay healthy.

Even without those three guards, we still had Ross+Harris+Hampton+Houstan to manage the most of the backcourt minutes. I know none of them are playmakers, but still, having Wagner-Banchero-Bol-Bamba on the floor together makes no sense to me, not in short and even less in long term results. I already wrote about my doubts on the coaching staff in the past, and other forum members are correctly indicating some (big) problems recently. Philly had worst absences than us, losing that way at home is plain embarassing.

Banchero is probably the most gifted offensive player we had on a long time, but I'm curious to see what advanced stats says about his defensive presence, the team always seem to really suffer on that end too with him into the game. So we have no shooters, we're bad in sharing and passing the ball, we're mediocre in defense... i really don't see what's the identity that coaching staff want for this team injuries or not. There've been low talent teams in the past that were exciting and getting some W only for the fact that they were fighting as hell every time they were playing. Those group just seem soft to me, or maybe only lacks leaders.

• Upvote 1

2 hours ago, Luke_FfS said:

Even without those three guards, we still had Ross+Harris+Hampton+Houstan to manage the most of the backcourt minutes. I know none of them are playmakers, but still, having Wagner-Banchero-Bol-Bamba on the floor together makes no sense to me, not in short and even less in long term results. I already wrote about my doubts on the coaching staff in the past, and other forum members are correctly indicating some (big) problems recently. Philly had worst absences than us, losing that way at home is plain embarassing.

Banchero is probably the most gifted offensive player we had on a long time, but I'm curious to see what advanced stats says about his defensive presence, the team always seem to really suffer on that end too with him into the game. So we have no shooters, we're bad in sharing and passing the ball, we're mediocre in defense... i really don't see what's the identity that coaching staff want for this team injuries or not. There've been low talent teams in the past that were exciting and getting some W only for the fact that they were fighting as hell every time they were playing. Those group just seem soft to me, or maybe only lacks leaders.

Banchero is going to go the carmelo anthony route.. 33.8% from 3 in college he was a 27.5% 3pt shooter in his first 4 years in the nba, after that he was  a 36% 3pt shooter the next 7 years and ended his career at 35.5% with

Paolo was 33% in college and currently sits at 26%

I'm more worried about his def at the moment, but both are surely concerns and things he needs to work hard into. He has the time to do that, his career has just started.

Don't know if it's legit, but that defensive rate confirms that he isn't helping the team on that end.

https://www.foxsports.com/nba/paolo-banchero-player-stats?category=advanced&seasonType=reg

On 11/28/2022 at 10:54 PM, Luke_FfS said:

I'm more worried about his def at the moment, but both are surely concerns and things he needs to work hard into. He has the time to do that, his career has just started.

Don't know if it's legit, but that defensive rate confirms that he isn't helping the team on that end.

https://www.foxsports.com/nba/paolo-banchero-player-stats?category=advanced&seasonType=reg

Most rookies are bad defensively. 

20 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Most rookies are bad defensively. 

Most rookies aren’t the first pick in the draft.  

2 hours ago, JJZFL said:

Most rookies aren’t the first pick in the draft.  

And most rookies, in fact most NBA players, aren't putting up 23/7/4 either. 

Off numbers and other details are surely really good, but i would love to see something more. It's not entirely up on him either, coaches should push him hard to improve, even if most rookies are bad on def, that's not an excuse to give him a pass.