Soul Bro

2022-2023 Draft Thread

25 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

George’s lack of efficiency (on a great team) scares me

I'm with you on this too, it's been a concern for me with him along with his seeming lack of passing vision. But guards don't always have efficiency as college freshman. 

Keyonte George TS is 55%

For some recent examples:

DeAaron Fox year at Kentucky TS was 55%

Tyrese Maxey at Kentucky was 53%

Freshman Jaden Ivey was under 50% before improving as a sophomore and getting drafted. 

Cason Wallace is only at 56% despite appearing at a glance to be much more efficient than Keyonte. 

Keyonte is under 40% from the field and only 44% from 2 but his efficiency is buoyed by taking and making so many 3 pointers and also by getting to the FT line a lot. He has a higher FT rate than Paolo did at Duke (but Paolo's NBA FT rate is absurd in comparison to his college one).

I think if you draft Keyonte you have to know that a not so efficient chucker is a potential outcome for him if you don't develop him in certain areas or can't get him to stop taking the tougher shots. At least we specifically have players to take the ball out of his hands. 

• Upvote 1

15 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

Junkie, thoughts on Wallace as a UK and ORL fan?

I can give you this …also, Wallace is an excellent defender ..but I need to see more of him to give a better account …Cal has just now started playing the right combination of kids …

• Upvote 1

Pretty crazy that nobody has brought up Brice Sensabaugh yet since he's from Orlando: 

6'6, gets buckets. Shooting the ball really well. So far in college though he's been an outright bad defender and he doesn't really generate a lot of separation on drives, lots of driving in to post ups and short jumpers and stuff rather than getting to the rim. 

30 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Pretty crazy that nobody has brought up Brice Sensabaugh yet since he's from Orlando: 

6'6, gets buckets. Shooting the ball really well. So far in college though he's been an outright bad defender and he doesn't really generate a lot of separation on drives, lots of driving in to post ups and short jumpers and stuff rather than getting to the rim. 

I think you answered your own question about why no one has brought him up:

1) bad defender

2) doesn't get separation, has to settle for post up and short jumpers.

13 hours ago, jmmagicfan said:

I think you answered your own question about why no one has brought him up:

1) bad defender

2) doesn't get separation, has to settle for post up and short jumpers.

I get that. But he's a Top 20 prospect, he's a freshman, he's from Orlando. If you think he can be passable defensively there's a lot to like there. He's such a phenomenal scorer. 

6 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

I get that. But he's a Top 20 prospect, he's a freshman, he's from Orlando. If you think he can be passable defensively there's a lot to like there. He's such a phenomenal scorer. 

I watched the game last night and he was underwhelming. I’d rather have Shannon from Illinois. He can catch fire from three and has a nice drive to the rim.