Soul Bro

2022-2023 Draft Thread

Tanking/no tanking discussion is boring so here's Jett Howard looking like a future Orlando Magic player:

He's my favourite non top 3 guy in the draft so far and possibly my favourite prospect fit wise for the Magic. 

• Upvote 1

On 11/30/2022 at 2:18 PM, CTMagicUK said:

Tanking/no tanking discussion is boring so here's Jett Howard looking like a future Orlando Magic player:

He's my favourite non top 3 guy in the draft so far and possibly my favourite prospect fit wise for the Magic. 

You have me watching him. Ha!

11 hours ago, Soul Bro said:

You have me watching him. Ha!

His highlights are fun, torching the nets from 3 whilst flashing some fun passing, handling and defense moments. I think it's easy to imagine us picking him too given the Michigan thing (which probably means we won't now). 

Can Whitmore making his season debut right now for Villanova. Haven't been able to watch live but excited to see what he looks like. He's been top 10 on mocks in preseason. 

I don't know what to make of Keyonte George. He shows a lot of good stuff but he's only shooting 40% from the field and 33% from 3. Looks like he struggles to beat more athletic guys off the dribble too. And his assists/turnovers is 4/2.8 hardly incredible. But I get the sense that he could be a very productive NBA player when not asked to be the first option on offense. 6'4, defense looks pretty good, has shown an ability to finish well at the rim (72% but not a lot of attempts). Taking a lot of 3s, some of them very difficult attempts, but inconsistent results... Still I'd bet on him being a good jump shooter looking at his form and how confident he is with his shot. 

Nick Smith has to be our guy. I want him so bad. He’s so smooth, such a good playmaker. If we could come out of draft with smith and Black/Miller I would do cartwheels 

On 12/3/2022 at 1:37 PM, CTMagicUK said:

Can Whitmore making his season debut right now for Villanova. Haven't been able to watch live but excited to see what he looks like. He's been top 10 on mocks in preseason. 

What are your thoughts on Taylor Hendricks?  He’s looking like the real deal.  

2 hours ago, Murphy13 said:

What are your thoughts on Taylor Hendricks?  He’s looking like the real deal.  

Haven't seen a lot but what I have seen looks like a one and done prospect. (First round pick this year). If he sustains these numbers into conference play and a tournament run he'll be a top 20 or even lotto guy. Hitting 3s at a high rate and a big volume and having an impact on defense as a shot blocker. 

• Like 1

I have no idea if Trayce Jackson-Davis will be an NBA player. Seems like he'd have to be an undersized 5 in the NBA given he doesn't shoot the 3 at all. But I'm a sucker for guys who play defense and can really play make so he's an early fav for our second rounder. 

On 12/7/2022 at 2:47 AM, CTMagicUK said:

Haven't seen a lot but what I have seen looks like a one and done prospect. (First round pick this year). If he sustains these numbers into conference play and a tournament run he'll be a top 20 or even lotto guy. Hitting 3s at a high rate and a big volume and having an impact on defense as a shot blocker. 

I’m not seeing him in mock drafts yet but he looks better than Whitmore to me.