Soul Bro

2022-2023 Draft Thread

Trying not to get hyped about Scoot or Wemby since I don't think we'll have a shot at them but here's some Scoot since people have shown an interest.

• Upvote 1

11 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Trying not to get hyped about Scoot or Wemby since I don't think we'll have a shot at them but here's some Scoot since people have shown an interest.

At 18 already showing that he can create for him and others, can handle the ball artfully and shoot it. Very crafty.

CT, too early but gives us your Big Board Top Ten and revise as we go along......if you need help with # 1, let me know :-)

On 11/28/2022 at 9:01 AM, Murphy13 said:

I know it’s early in the draft season to stir the pot but how do the people that were scared off by Chet’s injury potential feel about Wemby, who has similar frame concerns and a more extensive injury history already? 

I think its an absolute disaster if this FO is tanking for him

8 hours ago, J Roc Baby said:

At this point I'm convinced the "injury process" is deliberate and we're basically doing "Sick for Vic"

Don’t forget that even the very worst team has only about one chance in seven of landing the top pick.  Makes wasting a season of potential development for your young players an even worse proposition.  

• Upvote 1

13 hours ago, Albert Lergier said:

At 18 already showing that he can create for him and others, can handle the ball artfully and shoot it. Very crafty.

CT, too early but gives us your Big Board Top Ten and revise as we go along......if you need help with # 1, let me know :-)

Eh... I haven't seen everybody and those I have seen I've not seen loads of so it'd just be some mangled list. 

Vic

Scoot

Amen Thompson 

Are 1-3 and then everybody else in some unknown order.

Guys in the next 10-15 or so players would tentatively include (not an order):

Ausar Thompson

Brandon Miller

Jarace Walker

Jett Howard

Gradey Dick

GG Jackson

Keyonte George

Cason Wallace

Anthony Black

But that doesn't include a number of guys I haven't really seen yet at all that a lot of people are high on like Nick Smith Jr, Cam Whitmore, Dariq Whitehead. And some places have Nick Smith as high as 4 for example. 

5 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Eh... I haven't seen everybody and those I have seen I've not seen loads of so it'd just be some mangled list. 

Vic

Scoot

Amen Thompson 

Are 1-3 and then everybody else in some unknown order.

Guys in the next 10-15 or so players would tentatively include (not an order):

Ausar Thompson

Brandon Miller

Jarace Walker

Jett Howard

Gradey Dick

GG Jackson

Keyonte George

Cason Wallace

Anthony Black

But that doesn't include a number of guys I haven't really seen yet at all that a lot of people are high on like Nick Smith Jr, Cam Whitmore, Dariq Whitehead. And some places have Nick Smith as high as 4 for example. 

Thanks !!!  This road (worst team records in late Apr) to the 2023 Lottery Day is going to be very interesting.

Please also remember that in the last 15 years players anywhere from the 3rd to wherever Jokic was picked have been the best player. It's not about the number one as much as they make it out to be. In fact i firmly believe a lot of misinformation is involved and some teams follow rankings too much. Guys like Booker,Mitchell,Halliburton going late lotto. MVP's like Giannis Jokic going outside the lotto. Two easy calls like Tatum and Paolo going 3rd and almost going 3rd.

Tons of busts in the first two picks the last 15 years. It shows me 2 things, players going to bad situations and teams reaching on potential instead of just looking at players and seeing if they can play. Now in defense of team gm's it's harder then ever to evaluate players. I wish they could all go to college for a few years before they are drafted. 

1 hour ago, hootie249 said:

Please also remember that in the last 15 years players anywhere from the 3rd to wherever Jokic was picked have been the best player. It's not about the number one as much as they make it out to be. In fact i firmly believe a lot of misinformation is involved and some teams follow rankings too much. Guys like Booker,Mitchell,Halliburton going late lotto. MVP's like Giannis Jokic going outside the lotto. Two easy calls like Tatum and Paolo going 3rd and almost going 3rd.

Tons of busts in the first two picks the last 15 years. It shows me 2 things, players going to bad situations and teams reaching on potential instead of just looking at players and seeing if they can play. Now in defense of team gm's it's harder then ever to evaluate players. I wish they could all go to college for a few years before they are drafted. 

Nobody in this thread, in fact no Orlando Magic fans I've seen on any platform, are campaigning for us to tank for the #1 pick. 

• Upvote 1

23 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Nobody in this thread, in fact no Orlando Magic fans I've seen on any platform, are campaigning for us to tank for the #1 pick. 

Give it another week or two :)

1 hour ago, CTMagicUK said:

Magic fans have been doing nothing but campaigning for tanking ever since we traded away Dwight.

• Upvote 1
  • Downvote 2