Soul Bro

2022-2023 Draft Thread

2 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

I'm talking about the two firsts. 

I know :) , and i still stand with my (ironic) answer.

Point was: they will do nothing with them, no risky trades or simpler ones, so they'll pick both guys anyway, probably. They'll still be in the evaluating process, so they can't make those kind of moves. First round will go with Magic fans hoping for a trade and Wojo bomb that will not happen. And then with the second round they'll do what they usually do. And we would have needed some help at both guard positions now, instead of future picks.

7 hours ago, Luke_FfS said:

I know :) , and i still stand with my (ironic) answer.

Point was: they will do nothing with them, no risky trades or simpler ones, so they'll pick both guys anyway, probably. They'll still be in the evaluating process, so they can't make those kind of moves. First round will go with Magic fans hoping for a trade and Wojo bomb that will not happen. And then with the second round they'll do what they usually do. And we would have needed some help at both guard positions now, instead of future picks.

I am so very exhausted by the second round pick discourse. 2nd round picks generally don't hit anyway. Often times you can get a UFA as good as a pick in the 40s. Several of the remaining best players in the second round are telling teams not to draft them so they can decide where they play. On every occasion they've preserved future assets, they've never given away a draft pick. 

And we literally just used a second round pick to select Caleb Houstan. 

Not to mention if what you say comes true and we use both our first round picks (which probably will happen because finding a good trade for a lottery pick will be hard) we really won't need a 3rd rookie on the roster given how young we already are so we'll probably trade our second again.

If we need help at a certain position free agency and trades is where you address that. Not with 2nd round picks. 

Would I have traded every second rounder they did at the time they did it? Probably not. Is it something worth hand wringing over? Nah. 

But then again I think I'm the only person on this board with a generally positive opinion of Jeff Weltman. I think he's done a pretty good job so far. 

You're taking it too seriously, as i wrote was an ironical post, even if I was answering to your previous one with a possible outcome. :) 

Actually, as I wrote in another topic, in the summer there was a lot of love for the FO. What I criticize/don't like a lot is those swinging opinions. I respect yours cause you've been always consistent with your judgment on Weltman. I'm not on the same page, but I tried to be consistent with my opinion too, and I don't overreact now if we lose games (as expected) or if the injury management could look a little strange (we don't really have enough info to judge).

And, it's true that 2nd round picks doesn't hit the most of the times, but great management are able to find gems in a lot of different ways. See what our rivals Miami has done over the course of the years.

6 hours ago, Luke_FfS said:

You're taking it too seriously, as i wrote was an ironical post, even if I was answering to your previous one with a possible outcome. :) 

Actually, as I wrote in another topic, in the summer there was a lot of love for the FO. What I criticize/don't like a lot is those swinging opinions. I respect yours cause you've been always consistent with your judgment on Weltman. I'm not on the same page, but I tried to be consistent with my opinion too, and I don't overreact now if we lose games (as expected) or if the injury management could look a little strange (we don't really have enough info to judge).

And, it's true that 2nd round picks doesn't hit the most of the times, but great management are able to find gems in a lot of different ways. See what our rivals Miami has done over the course of the years.

I am in the middle, I am still a little ticked about picking Horton-Tucker and selling him to the Lakers. 

10 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

I am so very exhausted by the second round pick discourse. 2nd round picks generally don't hit anyway. Often times you can get a UFA as good as a pick in the 40s. Several of the remaining best players in the second round are telling teams not to draft them so they can decide where they play. On every occasion they've preserved future assets, they've never given away a draft pick. 

And we literally just used a second round pick to select Caleb Houstan. 

Not to mention if what you say comes true and we use both our first round picks (which probably will happen because finding a good trade for a lottery pick will be hard) we really won't need a 3rd rookie on the roster given how young we already are so we'll probably trade our second again.

If we need help at a certain position free agency and trades is where you address that. Not with 2nd round picks. 

Would I have traded every second rounder they did at the time they did it? Probably not. Is it something worth hand wringing over? Nah. 

But then again I think I'm the only person on this board with a generally positive opinion of Jeff Weltman. I think he's done a pretty good job so far. 

I am with you on Weltman. The Chicago trade and draft the last two years buys them a lot of goodwill with me. 

• Like 1

After the lottery draft in 2023....if we don't get the # 1 overall pick, trade our 2 firsts, Denver's 2025 1st and Wendell for the Victor Wembanyama.

Is this or something like this possible or is Victor untradable?

18 minutes ago, Albert Lergier said:

After the draft lottery in 2023....if we don't get the # 1 overall pick, trade our 2 firsts, Denver's 2025 1st and Wendell for the Victor Wembanyama.

Is this or something like this possible or is Victor is untradable?

No chance. 

On 11/20/2022 at 2:01 PM, Albert Lergier said:

After the lottery draft in 2023....if we don't get the # 1 overall pick, trade our 2 firsts, Denver's 2025 1st and Wendell for the Victor Wembanyama.

Is this or something like this possible or is Victor untradable?

If it didn't happen this past year it will never happen. More likely we trade picks for a player. My bet is Jaylen Brown is the next disgruntled player to move.

Look I'm not saying we should definitely draft Gradey Dick, but what I am saying is that Gradey Dick/Paolo Banchero DHOs would be lethal.

Also Gradey Dick is just a great name, imagine losing an NBA game because some skinny guy named Dick dropped 8 3s on you.