Soul Bro

2022-2023 Trade Idea Thread

23 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Kudos to Mosley for sticking with MW in the starting lineup even though WCJ is back. That took huge guts and is not what I would have done.

I think he recognizes that Moe has been a catalyst for energy in the starting unit and is a great complementary piece offensively to the other starters. I think WCJ will eventually take over again, but I don't think you mess up a lineup that has gone 8-1 since the switch. Otherwise, we get into a Alston/Nelson scenario again and no one wants to repeat that ish

• Upvote 1

1 hour ago, Soul Bro said:

Kudos to Mosley for sticking with MW in the starting lineup even though WCJ is back. That took huge guts and is not what I would have done.

He most likely did that because WCJ is on a minutes restriction so he wanted to ease him back in with the 2nd unit. I fully expect WCJ to start once the restriction is lifted, although I could see Mo subbing in earlier than usual to get some run with the 1st unit with how successful he’s been. 

• Upvote 1

19 hours ago, TreyMachine said:

I think he recognizes that Moe has been a catalyst for energy in the starting unit and is a great complementary piece offensively to the other starters. I think WCJ will eventually take over again, but I don't think you mess up a lineup that has gone 8-1 since the switch. Otherwise, we get into a Alston/Nelson scenario again and no one wants to repeat that ish

We’d have a championship if it weren’t for that mess. 

On 12/24/2022 at 1:12 PM, Fire Weltham said:

He most likely did that because WCJ is on a minutes restriction so he wanted to ease him back in with the 2nd unit. I fully expect WCJ to start once the restriction is lifted, although I could see Mo subbing in earlier than usual to get some run with the 1st unit with how successful he’s been. 

This.  If you only expect the guy to play 15 minutes, he can’t really start.  I think that’s all there was to it.  

I have given it VERY serious thought and my suggestion is that the Magic do absolutely nothing. Let this play out and here's why

1. They are apparently good enough to beat nearly anyone now. But it's important to see if this is not a fluke

2. I did not expect Mo to be jamming out THIS HARD, we may have fixed our center problem within

3. It's impossible to say whether or not the injury issues are going to persist

4. If they pull off another historic lottery upset and land Wemby, the rebuild is not only officially over but the Magic will have ALL their assets to deal as the league realizes "Holy **** this team is good. I wanna play here"

5. Imagine this run and doing it without Isaac and WJC and Suggs. It is ridiculous how much talent this team has that just sits on the injury reserve

I think every single person here knew that the Magic had this kind of run in them but only wondered if they'd just ever do it. Win as many games as possible. Pray we get lucky with the Bull's pick and our own

This run has changed EVERYTHING. It was a glimpse of what this team can do. Be careful we won't mess up a good thing 

1 hour ago, J Roc Baby said:

I have given it VERY serious thought and my suggestion is that the Magic do absolutely nothing. Let this play out and here's why

1. They are apparently good enough to beat nearly anyone now. But it's important to see if this is not a fluke

2. I did not expect Mo to be jamming out THIS HARD, we may have fixed our center problem within

3. It's impossible to say whether or not the injury issues are going to persist

4. If they pull off another historic lottery upset and land Wemby, the rebuild is not only officially over but the Magic will have ALL their assets to deal as the league realizes "Holy **** this team is good. I wanna play here"

5. Imagine this run and doing it without Isaac and WJC and Suggs. It is ridiculous how much talent this team has that just sits on the injury reserve

I think every single person here knew that the Magic had this kind of run in them but only wondered if they'd just ever do it. Win as many games as possible. Pray we get lucky with the Bull's pick and our own

This run has changed EVERYTHING. It was a glimpse of what this team can do. Be careful we won't mess up a good thing 

While not fun for message boards your probably right to stay the course. The other factor to consider is there isn’t a star that’s good fit worth trading for at the moment. Maybe one is available around draft time and Orlando can make a big move then if they need too. This will give the team the rest of the year to evaluate how close they are to a contender/ playoff team.  

If everyone is healthy soon Magic will have played the uno reverse card. Teams will come to us if they like a player or think we facilitate a 3 team trade. If something looks good they can evaluate it. 

Report: Kings may go after Mo Bamba

Will Sacramento make a move for the skilled big man

By Jordan_White13@Jordan_white13  Dec 23, 2022, 9:58am PST  

According to Jake Fischer of Yahoo Sports, the Kings are among the group of teams that may attempt to make a move for Orlando Magic center Mo Bamba.

Former No. 6 overall pick Mo Bamba may be the Magic’s greatest trade chip.

League executives expect Orlando to hold out for a protected first-round selection or a late first-round pick to part with the 24-year-old rim presence. There are teams like the Lakers and Clippers, as well as Toronto, Sacramento and Brooklyn, that front-office personnel expect to sniff around the big-man market ahead of the Feb. 9 trade deadline and may be willing to cough up a pair of second-round choices for Bamba.

This season has been phenomenal for the Sacramento Kings. With the halfway point of the season quickly approaching, the Kings are still over .500 and a top eight team in the West. But they look like they’re still missing that one piece to put them in a position where they will make the playoffs without having to go through the play-in tournament.

On the offensive side of the ball, the team is playing very well from all aspects — except when they miss their free throws. Their defense, however, is still figuring things out, especially on the interior. And many people around the league expect them to address that issue quickly.

That’s where Bamba comes in. This season, the seven-footer with an exceptional wingspan of just under eight feet has showed a lot of promise. Off the bench, in 19 minutes per game, Bamba is averaging 8.2 points, 5.4 rebounds and 1 block per game. He is also shooting an impressive 37.2 percent from deep on almost two attempts per game.

Still only 24 years old, this is Bamba’s fifth season in the league, an he is finally developing into a more complete player. He is tall, athletic, lengthy and has developed a pretty consistent shot for a player of his size. Coming off the bench for the Kings, Bamba would vastly improve the defense by being a true rim protector. He is also a very dangerous lob threat and can space the floor when needed. An interesting addition to the Kings’ already talented roster, and possibly only for two second round picks.

1 hour ago, Albert Lergier said:

Report: Kings may go after Mo Bamba

Will Sacramento make a move for the skilled big man

By Jordan_White13@Jordan_white13  Dec 23, 2022, 9:58am PST  

According to Jake Fischer of Yahoo Sports, the Kings are among the group of teams that may attempt to make a move for Orlando Magic center Mo Bamba.

Former No. 6 overall pick Mo Bamba may be the Magic’s greatest trade chip.

League executives expect Orlando to hold out for a protected first-round selection or a late first-round pick to part with the 24-year-old rim presence. There are teams like the Lakers and Clippers, as well as Toronto, Sacramento and Brooklyn, that front-office personnel expect to sniff around the big-man market ahead of the Feb. 9 trade deadline and may be willing to cough up a pair of second-round choices for Bamba.

This season has been phenomenal for the Sacramento Kings. With the halfway point of the season quickly approaching, the Kings are still over .500 and a top eight team in the West. But they look like they’re still missing that one piece to put them in a position where they will make the playoffs without having to go through the play-in tournament.

On the offensive side of the ball, the team is playing very well from all aspects — except when they miss their free throws. Their defense, however, is still figuring things out, especially on the interior. And many people around the league expect them to address that issue quickly.

That’s where Bamba comes in. This season, the seven-footer with an exceptional wingspan of just under eight feet has showed a lot of promise. Off the bench, in 19 minutes per game, Bamba is averaging 8.2 points, 5.4 rebounds and 1 block per game. He is also shooting an impressive 37.2 percent from deep on almost two attempts per game.

Still only 24 years old, this is Bamba’s fifth season in the league, an he is finally developing into a more complete player. He is tall, athletic, lengthy and has developed a pretty consistent shot for a player of his size. Coming off the bench for the Kings, Bamba would vastly improve the defense by being a true rim protector. He is also a very dangerous lob threat and can space the floor when needed. An interesting addition to the Kings’ already talented roster, and possibly only for two second round picks.

Yes please.

On 12/1/2022 at 11:39 AM, CTMagicUK said:

Wendell's injury has really shown how much this team lacks rebounding and hustle and defensive effort at the bigs.

Wonder if the Kings would do Bamba for Richuan Holmes? Holmes is barely playing and is a bad fit with Sabonis but he's shown he can be useful previously as a big. Bamba is not the answer for us at backup C but he might find a spot as a stretch 5 in some lineups with Sabonis at the 4 for the Kings. 

20 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Wendell's injury has really shown how much this team lacks rebounding and hustle and defensive effort at the bigs.

Wonder if the Kings would do Bamba for Richuan Holmes? Holmes is barely playing and is a bad fit with Sabonis but he's shown he can be useful previously as a big. Bamba is not the answer for us at backup C but he might find a spot as a stretch 5 in some lineups with Sabonis at the 4 for the Kings. 

Yes please.

REBOUNDING STAT - Team ranks 12th best

Wendell 8.8, Bol 7.1, Paolo 6.9, Mo Wagner 6.9, Bamba 5.1, are the top 5.

TURNOVERS STAT - Team ranks 26 worst

Suggs 3.4, Paolo 3.0, Wendell 2.6, Markelle 2.5, Franz 2.3 = Way too many from these 5.

Mo Wagner 1.7 in 26.3 MPG. To me, this Mo settled the team down once he was inserted as the starter in the  C position.

If the Magic make a trade I want it to be a BIG ONE. Trading Bamba for whatever piece the Kings can part with doesn't do it for me. Otherwise just pray we land Wemby and the Bulls pick at #5 until the Magic finish January against better than .500 competition and everyone knows if this recent run just wasn't a fluke