Soul Bro

2022-2023 Trade Idea Thread

Anyone willing to do a Godfather offer for SGA with a lot of picks and salary going back to OKC?  I feel like he is exactly what Orlando needs with Mitchell gone from the trade market. It would take 4-5 picks plus Isaac, Ross, and either Suggs or Anthony going back I’m sure. We could finally say the hell with tanking and the draft though. 

1 hour ago, MagicMan1979 said:

Anyone willing to do a Godfather offer for SGA with a lot of picks and salary going back to OKC?  I feel like he is exactly what Orlando needs with Mitchell gone from the trade market. It would take 4-5 picks plus Isaac, Ross, and either Suggs or Anthony going back I’m sure. We could finally say the hell with tanking and the draft though. 

Why would OKC trade him? 

2 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

Why would OKC trade him? 

I doubt they would at this point.  My only thinking is Presti loves to tank and have a lot of draft picks.  If we gave a crazy offer of our pick, Chicagos pick, Denvers, a future 1 st and a pick swap maybe they would consider it.  The way SGA has blown up this year though makes it very unlikely.  I just wish we would have gone after Mitchell this summer.  I can’t find a guy who might be available that is about to ask out right now.  It’s kind of dead as far as stars wanting out this year.

42 minutes ago, MagicMan1979 said:

I doubt they would at this point.  My only thinking is Presti loves to tank and have a lot of draft picks.  If we gave a crazy offer of our pick, Chicagos pick, Denvers, a future 1 st and a pick swap maybe they would consider it.  The way SGA has blown up this year though makes it very unlikely.  I just wish we would have gone after Mitchell this summer.  I can’t find a guy who might be available that is about to ask out right now.  It’s kind of dead as far as stars wanting out this year.

The fortunate thing is we're not in any rush. We've got like 8 more years with Franz + Paolo so we can afford to wait to push our chips in. 

5 hours ago, MagicMan1979 said:

Yeah they might consider it if we get the number 1 pick and that is probably it. They already have a million picks. Only Victor moves the needle for that team i think. I'm not gonna speculate anymore of us getting that pick until the end of the season. I want to win. We need to get lucky again where we land and get a Desmond Bane,Halliburton or Mitchell type late lotto player.  At the end of the season no Magic fan would hate us trading picks for a good guard. However it is way to early to predict who that could be. Maybe not a big name but someone lowkey.

A big name like Mitchell or Booker would have been cool, but since they are not available imagine if we had gotten Halliburton or DJ. Two totally different players but they were available. At this time the next step is if we get a non star and go for it this season. Like a Jordon Clarkson for scoring or a project like the Lakers did with Lonnie Walker. 

By the way the answer to your question Is Jaylen Brown. When this year ends he will be eligible for a huge extension. He is another head case but i bet he doesn't stay in Boston.

• Upvote 1

20 hours ago, hootie249 said:

Yeah they might consider it if we get the number 1 pick and that is probably it. They already have a million picks. Only Victor moves the needle for that team i think. I'm not gonna speculate anymore of us getting that pick until the end of the season. I want to win. We need to get lucky again where we land and get a Desmond Bane,Halliburton or Mitchell type late lotto player.  At the end of the season no Magic fan would hate us trading picks for a good guard. However it is way to early to predict who that could be. Maybe not a big name but someone lowkey.

A big name like Mitchell or Booker would have been cool, but since they are not available imagine if we had gotten Halliburton or DJ. Two totally different players but they were available. At this time the next step is if we get a non star and go for it this season. Like a Jordon Clarkson for scoring or a project like the Lakers did with Lonnie Walker. 

By the way the answer to your question Is Jaylen Brown. When this year ends he will be eligible for a huge extension. He is another head case but i bet he doesn't stay in Boston.

Great response with a lot of good information.  Brown would be a nice addition for sure.  Eventually it would be nice to push some of the draft equity and young players in for a trade as we can’t play this many 20 year olds.  But I think we need to be patient for the right deal.  What a great problem to have!

We should be looking hard at the Pacers to do some kind of trade. I would even use the Bulls pick and Jonathan Isaac as trade bait. The pacers are in a unique situation. They know their backcourt of the future is Mathurin and Haliburton. They have a ton of guards, and question marks in the frontcourt. Maybe we can get them to give up Buddy and one of Duarte,Nesmith or Nembhard. Perhaps they would take a chance on rehabbing Isaac. Maybe they want Bamba for one or two of their young guards. Who knows but they have a ton of swing men.

I want to point out the Bulls pick is just going to lose value as they keep sucking. 

2 hours ago, hootie249 said:

We should be looking hard at the Pacers to do some kind of trade. I would even use the Bulls pick and Jonathan Isaac as trade bait. The pacers are in a unique situation. They know their backcourt of the future is Mathurin and Haliburton. They have a ton of guards, and question marks in the frontcourt. Maybe we can get them to give up Buddy and one of Duarte,Nesmith or Nembhard. Perhaps they would take a chance on rehabbing Isaac. Maybe they want Bamba for one or two of their young guards. Who knows but they have a ton of swing men.

I want to point out the Bulls pick is just going to lose value as they keep sucking. 

How does the Bulls pick lose value? Even if they finished with the very worst record (unlikely) we'd have a 48% shot at pick 5. Essentially a coin flip for the most valuable pick we could get.

Also worth noting, if the Bulls blew it up and got a top 4 pick. The pick they owe us would become Top 3 protected the year after and they'd be a terrible team. Meaning they'd have to hope they were even worse the year after and have even worse odds of keeping their pick. The bottom 3 records in the league all only have a 40% chance at top 3.

So to be clear if Chicago managed the worst record in the league two years in a row the odds they'd keep their pick both years (combined odds) is 21% meaning we'd have a 79% chance at (in the scenario where Chicago are the worst team in the league both years) either pick 5 this year or pick 4 or 5 next year. 

In my mind the worse Chicago get the better that pick becomes.

• Upvote 1

On 12/21/2022 at 9:15 AM, CTMagicUK said:

Also worth noting, if the Bulls blew it up and got a top 4 pick. The pick they owe us would become Top 3 protected the year after and they'd be a terrible team. Meaning they'd have to hope they were even worse the year after and have even worse odds of keeping their pick. The bottom 3 records in the league all only have a 40% chance at top 3.

So to be clear if Chicago managed the worst record in the league two years in a row the odds they'd keep their pick both years (combined odds) is 21% meaning we'd have a 79% chance at (in the scenario where Chicago are the worst team in the league both years) either pick 5 this year or pick 4 or 5 next year. 

In my mind the worse Chicago get the better that pick becomes.

Since that post, Chicago's back on track! :P