Soul Bro

2022-2023 Trade Idea Thread

If I'm Denver I'm offering Bones to Brooklyn and trying to get back some wings. Yuta Watanabe, DFS, Cameron Johnson, Royce O Neal (Bridges and Crowder too but I imagine they'd both want to start and there's no room in Denver for that really). That's a lot of guys who could look really good coming off the bench spotting up for Jokic. 

Even someone like Patty Mills might be an upgrade over Ish Smith for them off the bench. 

5 hours ago, CTMagicUK said:

Woj is saying OG has more value to West playoff teams now KD is out there. 

And to be honest I'd cooled on him since the rumour was he wanted an expanded role. He's a terrific defender and off ball player but he's one of the worst volume creators in the league. An expanded role for him could go very badly.

After the Poelti move, looks like Toronto is trying to compete, right? And they're one of our rivals for play-ins.

Also, we feared Ainge, everyone fear Ainge, but somehow when the Lakers are in he seems like a rookie... there're always good moves available out there, it's just a matter of finding the right situations, really hope that FO doesn't evaluate again...

18 minutes ago, Luke_FfS said:

After the Poelti move, looks like Toronto is trying to compete, right? And they're one of our rivals for play-ins.

Also, we feared Ainge, everyone fear Ainge, but somehow when the Lakers are in he seems like a rookie... there're always good moves available out there, it's just a matter of finding the right situations, really hope that FO doesn't evaluate again...

Seems that way but who knows. They might cash in on OG if he's disgruntled about his role. 

The Poeltl move has set the market for bigs and doesn't bode well for us getting anything good for Bamba. 

Patience. We have our young stars. We need to let them develop together while the rest of the league tries to annihilate each other. If anything, get guys who can shoot, defend, and pass the rock.

• Upvote 3

I wonder what the Nets would want for Cameron Johnson from us... And how much we'd have to pay him if we did trade for him... 

Hampton + the Denver pick? 

4 year 60m? 

I might do it. Johnson isn't a great fit with Paolo as he's more of a PF but I'm pretty enamoured by the idea of adding some really lethal shooters around Franz/Paolo. 

22 minutes ago, Soul Bro said:

Patience. We have our young stars. We need to let them develop together while the rest of the league tries to annihilate each other. If anything, get guys who can shoot, defend, and pass the rock.

I'm not against patience, but we're not that perfect either and we shouldn't sleep for future hopes, so let the young core develop, adding the right pieces around them. ;)

1 hour ago, CTMagicUK said:

I don't know if it happens but I think I've decided I'd be good with us trading Gary Harris if we get decent assets back. 

Gary"Gary Harris" Harris should get half of what Durant went for./S

24 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

I wonder what the Nets would want for Cameron Johnson from us... And how much we'd have to pay him if we did trade for him... 

Hampton + the Denver pick? 

4 year 60m? 

I might do it. Johnson isn't a great fit with Paolo as he's more of a PF but I'm pretty enamoured by the idea of adding some really lethal shooters around Franz/Paolo. 

We don't need forwards, not at the moment. In the future maybe. Unless players like Bol,J.I. or WCJ are involved in a trade to consolidate into a better two way player.

Those trades are crazy, especially amazed the Lakers got 3 actual rotation players for Westbrook. The prices for trades are still too high. I can see us giving up 3 picks for someone one day but damn, 4 unprotected and a swap for 35 year old Durant? That's Crazy.

Just now, hootie249 said:

Gary"Gary Harris" Harris should get half of what Durant went for./S

We don't need forwards, not at the moment. In the future maybe. Unless players like Bol,J.I. or WCJ are involved in a trade to consolidate into a better two way player.

Those trades are crazy, especially amazed the Lakers got 3 actual rotation players for Westbrook. The prices for trades are still too high. I can see us giving up 3 picks for someone one day but damn, 4 unprotected and a swap for 35 year old Durant? That's Crazy.

You're right about forwards. But I've been pretty open about how I'd trade Bol any time. And I still wouldn't allow the presence of Isaac to affect any other moves until he proves his health for an 18+ month stretch. 

Wow… just wow..

I think we’re probably staying put now, we don’t have much to contribute to teams in the arms race outside of GH, but if he can net us more than we thought we’d have to do it.

4 minutes ago, CTMagicUK said:

You're right about forwards. But I've been pretty open about how I'd trade Bol any time. And I still wouldn't allow the presence of Isaac to affect any other moves until he proves his health for an 18+ month stretch. 

You have already heard it from me. Trade JI and Bol Bol to the Pacers for Buddy and either Duarte,Nembhard or Nesmith. If that went down then we could maybe draft a traditional center or big forward with one of our two picks.