Soul Bro

2022-2023 Trade Idea Thread

The Brooklyn Nets are trading Kevin Durant and TJ Warren to the Phoenix Suns for Mikal Bridges, Cam Johnson, Jae Crowder, four first-round draft picks, and a 2028 pick swap. 

The unprotected picks are in 2023, 2025, 2027 and 2029, according to Adrian Wojnarowski of ESPN. 

Woj is saying OG has more value to West playoff teams now KD is out there. 

And to be honest I'd cooled on him since the rumour was he wanted an expanded role. He's a terrific defender and off ball player but he's one of the worst volume creators in the league. An expanded role for him could go very badly.

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, Jay Magic said:

Why? 

I love Dame, he's one of my all time favourite players. But he's on the hook for 200m in his age 33 through 36 seasons. The rest of our core won't even be in its prime by the time he's retired.

Why not see how far Paolo/Franz can take us in the next couple of years before committing huge assets to go all in. It's not like there isn't always a steady supply of great players becoming available.

47 minutes ago, Mauro Pedrosa said:

KD to the Suns made too much sense. Let’s see if they can win the title. The West is stacked 

Nuggets should have gone all in like you said. They are now no longer the favorites and will have a hard road ahead of them not making a move. 

1 minute ago, Jay Magic said:

Horrendous. 

The only team that got better with that Lakers/Utah/Minnesota trade was the Lakers.

Can't believe Utah gave up Conley and Vanderbilt, had to take back Westbrook and only got 1 2027 FRP. 

Mike Conley is a decent enough fit for Minnesota but they gave up 2 solid players who probably had value for him and he's 35.